OC200 Setup Doesn't remember Usernames

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-23 17:01:56 - last edited 2021-10-25 02:30:33
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.1

Hi

I have recently bought a complete TP Link Setup, TL / ER 605 Router, SG2210 POE Switch, SG2008 Switch, EAP235 Wall  and the OC200 Controller.

I have it all setup (Still lots of tweaks to do) but but running well with 6 Vlans, which include's the Native Vlan.

In the Client List, I have assigned a Username (Device Description) to all devices connected rather than it just displaying the MAC Address .

The Problem I have is that the Names I assign, don't stick or appear to be remembered, For example My wifes phone, In the Config I change it from the Mac Address to (xxxx's Phone) it's fine until she goes out and it gets disconnected from the network, When she get's home and it reconnects it displays the Mac Address again, really frustrating.

It seem's any device that doesn't get disconnected the username I assign remains, but as soon as it is disconnected from the network that name is forgotten.

Is anyone else having this problem, and possibly know a way to tie / bind a username to the Mac Address.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 Setup Doesn't remember Usernames
2021-10-26 06:50:53

@Snaggedwire 

Because the current mechanism on the controller is that the client name is cached not configured, it will change to the original mac after disconnect.
This will be fixed in FW 5.0, which will be released soon. I am keeping eyes on official website, too.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:OC200 Setup Doesn't remember Usernames
2021-10-26 13:32:38

@Virgo 

Ah, I see, Thank you for your reply.

Look forward to that update to happen, it's much easier to keep an eye on things when you know what they are rather than keep having to go back and look at my list of Mac addresses.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 2

Related Articles