Network Setup Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network Setup Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network Setup Issues
Network Setup Issues
2021-10-24 12:14:22 - last edited 2021-10-24 12:32:49
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi All,

I'm attempting to setup a new network system for a business with several outbuildings all hard wired back to the main office.  There are currently three outbuildings with a hard wired ethernet cable from each back to the main office.  The runs are long on two of the buildings with one exceeding 100m so I'm placing a switch in an intermediate location to ensure connectivity across the wired connections.  I've drawn a simple layout attached.

My problem is configuring the VLANS across the network.  I was intending to use all three ethernet cables to the outbuilding as the cables are already in so why not use all three rather than a single link from switch 1 to switch 2.  

Can anyone provide any guidance on setting up the switch ports on the two network switches and how to configure the VLANs on these ports.  I've already created all the VLAN networks and tried tagging the ports with the required VLANs but the EAP235 doesn't seem to be giving out an IP address.  I know it's my configuration but am unsure how to configure the ports on each switch as there is three seperate links from switch 1 to switch 2 and then the three links to the seperate outbuildings with EAP235-Wall APs.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Update:  It seems it's the wireless connections on the EAP235-Wall causing the problem.  If I connect to the wired ports on the EAP then I get a correct IP within the VLAN range.  However when connecting to the wireless SSID I can't get an IP and a self assigned IP results.  This is probably my configuration so any help appreciated.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Network Setup Issues
2021-10-25 09:49:47

@Hansontech 

Based on your mentioned information, your two SG2008P's are required to be set the LAG.
By the way, it is advisable to upgrade the firmware version of the EAP235-WALL to the latest one.

You can consult the post:https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/251780

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-10-25 10:39:07

@Virgo Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, after some research, I'll need to aggregate ports 5,6,7 of switch 1 with ports 5,6,7 of switch 2.  I'll configure this and see how it performs.

The firmware is fully uptodate on the EAP235-Wall.  It may be my settings which are wrong.  I've resolved it but not sure if what I've configured is correct.  I've created a different profile for each port the EAP235-Walls are connected to and used this profile for the port settings.  I've attached screenshot of the profile network settings.  Originally I had the native network set to VLAN20 (this is the VLAN for one of the EAP235-Walls) and then tagged the management VLAN as well.  However this caused no IP address to be given out on the wireless network but worked on the wired ports of the EAP235-Wall.  I changed the settings to those attached and now it works but I'm not sure this is how it should be configured.

Options
2021-10-25 11:05:24

@Virgo I've now configured the LAG for ports 6,7,8 on both switches and set the type to LACP rather than static, trust that's correct.

I also created another profile to use on the LAG ports.  I've set this up as native network, LAN and then tagged VLAN20, VLAN30, VLAN40 & VLAN60 (management) and applied this to the LAG port.  I only need the three VLANs (one for each EAP235-Wall) and the management VLAN on the LAG.

Any problems with the above please let me know.

Options
2021-10-26 02:29:51

@Hansontech

I remember that how to set LAG also has a FAQ on the TP-LINK website, you can check the settings by looking at this: 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2396/

Options
2021-10-26 14:15:43

@Virgo Yes I had read that but it doesn't show the Omada interface and it doesn't explain the difference between a static LAG and LACP.  

What I've done seems to be working but whether it's optimum is not clear.

Options
2021-10-28 01:49:30

@Hansontech 

Here is a tplink UG link: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/omada-software-controller/

Click the first link in the Manual, and go to page 258, maybe you can find the answer here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 6

Related Articles