OpenVPN Server with additional Parameters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-24 14:39:34
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am new with these products so that's why I have to ask.

Is it possible to add more specific parameters to a OpenVPN Server Setup Profile? Like changing the encryption or setup limitations. Also there are 2 mode you can run OpenVPN which is TAP or TUN mode. Is it possible to set this up?

What is the limitation of remote clients who can access an ER7206 Gateway VPN Router with OpenVPN Server configured?

Thanks!

Rene

Options
3 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Server with additional Parameters
2021-10-25 09:42:08

ReneM wrote

Hello,

I am new with these products so that's why I have to ask.

Is it possible to add more specific parameters to a OpenVPN Server Setup Profile? Like changing the encryption or setup limitations. Also there are 2 mode you can run OpenVPN which is TAP or TUN mode. Is it possible to set this up?

What is the limitation of remote clients who can access an ER7206 Gateway VPN Router with OpenVPN Server configured?

Thanks!

Rene

@ReneM 

1. Is it possible to add more specific parameters to a OpenVPN Server Setup Profile? Like changing the encryption or setup limitations.

This one can edit the certificate yourself to adjust the settings.

2. Like changing the encryption or setup limitations. Also there are 2 mode you can run OpenVPN which is TAP or TUN mode. Is it possible to set this up?

I don't seem to see this thing or something like your said on my 7206.

3. What is the limitation of remote clients who can access an ER7206 Gateway VPN Router with OpenVPN Server configured?
Generally, there is almost no restriction on it, you can connect it as long as you have the certificate.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-10-25 10:22:00

Does anybody know if we can change the OpenVPN server settings like authentication, encryption, tunnel mode etc. when using a ER7206 or similar router in combination with the controller? In the user guide there is not really any information about it. It would be great to know what settings are available when using OpenVPN.

Options
2021-12-14 02:50:39

@ReneM I would like to know this too.  Right now my clients aren't fully routed through the VPN, and but I can't see what the server settings are, so i don't know why.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 829

Replies: 3