Can Not Ping from WAN to LAN Hosts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-29 18:17:50
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.04 Build 20200313 Rel.32850

For some reason, I am not able to ping from the WAN to any LAN hosts. I have disabled "Block Ping from WAN", and also added the below access control:

Can anyone explain why none of the devices on the WAN network side can ping back through the router? Why is the router not forwarding this traffic to the correct LAN host?See diagram below, where the highlight red ping tests are what fails:

Really hope someone can provide some insight as to why this basic IP routing is not functioning.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can Not Ping from WAN to LAN Hosts
2021-10-31 09:05:20

@NHutch 

As far as I know, R470T+  V4 and previous versions can be implemented by changing the Systom mode. You can refer to this link: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/676/
But V6 doesn't seem to support this, or you could consider changing the router to an L2+ switch and setting a different VLAN Interface to achieve this.

But the cost of replacement is a bit high.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 1

Related Articles