Updates to OCx00 Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Updates to OCx00 Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Updates to OCx00 Devices
Updates to OCx00 Devices
2021-11-05 06:00:44
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

@Fae 

It is very concerning as a customer to have you release the v5 firmware for Windows before your own device such as the OC200 & 300. This is not a good business model for those of us who paid for your device, and this practice should be reconsidered going forward.

When can we expect v5 for the OC devices? 

Additionally, I had high hopes for v5 but after looking at the changelogs, I am not thoroughly impressed and was expecting greater progress.

Does anyone else in the community share these concerns?

Thank you,

Robbie

Options
2 Reply
Re:Updates to OCx00 Devices
2021-11-06 19:04:45

@Bald_Beaver 

Yes I have noticed it to, tp-link does not have a beta program so I think this is a way to test the updates, first comes windows then linux and if there are not too many bugs then it comes to OC200 / OC300 , it's a strange way to test the updates on :-) ,  Ver 5.0.15 come out to windows with bugs now, you will probably not get that update because this will be fixed before you get it for OC200 or OC300.

so in many ways you should be glad you did not get the updates first.

Options
Re:Updates to OCx00 Devices
2021-11-07 18:55:55

I share the same thoughts..

The current changelog could easily belong to the 4.x-branch.

A lot of features were promised on the box and other documentation. But using the the cloud platform just handicaps this hardware.

5.x would've been a good moment to close the gap with other brands like ubiquiti.

I expected more from Omada.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 2

Related Articles