ER-605 site-to-site VPN stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-05 14:26:14 - last edited 2021-11-08 15:12:18
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

*** Problem Identified ***

My Customer apparently transferred ownership / billing of the main circuit to a new tenant and their IT must have reset the main ISP router, removing the TPL from the DMZ, hence no external IP. As much as I want to be upset at the lack of a little IT courtesy, more annoyed at my customer lol.

I had a site-to-site setup and working fine, no issues.

One site has a static and setup as the responder and the other site has a dyndns and setup as the initiator.

All was working just fine for weeks. Then it just stopped working.

Reboot both sites, even replace dyn address with actual IP - I can not ping the remote gateways from either end of the tunnel anymore.

Any advice? Nuke it and rebuild?

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER-605 site-to-site VPN stopped working
2021-11-09 03:33:29

@EIBROG 

From your description, it looks like your VPN tunnel was not built successfully.

I think if the tunnel is built successfully, you can at least ping the gateway on the other side. You can check if it still shows tunnel.

On tplink website, here is a FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2163/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:ER-605 site-to-site VPN stopped working
2021-11-09 04:09:06

@Virgo 

Tunnel was built just fine. There was a router change that I was not made aware of by my customer because they transferred ownership of the circuit to a new tenant.

My customers like to shoot themselves in the feet.

I gained access to the new ISP equipment today and put the TPLink back into the DMZ zone so I got an external IP and the tunnel came back up.

A slight annoyance is that you really do have to do too much digging to find the IP address on the WAN port in Omada. @Fae - feature request :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 2

Related Articles