How to achieve URL whitelisting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 06:58:42 - last edited 2021-11-11 05:26:08
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35074

Good day!

How to achieve URL Whitelisting, we want to access selected website only via IP Group.

Sample: we only access www.google.com, www.yahoo.com and www.youtube.com. Other website will be blocked.

Thank you

Options
8 Reply
Re:How to achieve URL whitelisting
2021-11-09 08:45:50
Hi Support, hope you can help me with my issue. Thank you
Options
2021-11-09 08:57:41

@ken22 

You can refer to this FAQ on the official website (although the more useful one is the last step.lol) https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/188/
Be careful to set an entry to allow those three websites first.
Then set an entry for deny all websites( type in "." in the filtering content meaning ALL.).

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-11-10 07:33:33

@Virgo 

Hello.

Done with the configurations. So, we tried to blocked all websites and allowed certain websites and its working, but with some issues.

We allowed www.google.com, www.yahoo.com and www.rackspace.com and both accessible, but when do log-on in the account unable to access.

Please see screenshot below for the reference.

thank you

Options
2021-11-11 01:42:09
Hi Support Another thing is, how can we allow the whole site including the accounts; like Google, Yahoo, Rackspace and other site that has required to log-on. Is there any solutions regarding on my issue? Thank you
Options
2021-11-11 01:42:54

@ken22 

I see the login page shows "account.google" is a little bit difference from that you set, maybe it is the issue.

How about using the keywords and type in "google" directly.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-11-11 03:59:16 - last edited 2021-11-11 05:26:08

@ken22 

Hi Support

Done with the configurations.

But there is something issue when browsing. All websites are accessible but it's too long to response. (Loading for 4 to 7 seconds).

Like this, yahoo accessible but the content of the site is not clear also the google maps. See the picture below

Also this site, when accessing it will appear the layer of the security "I'm not a Robot"  and didn't appeared see 1st picture , the original is the 2nd picture.

Hope you can help me this

Thank you

Options
2021-11-11 07:11:02
Follow up regarding on this issue Thank you
Options
2021-11-16 06:21:59

@Virgo 

Hi Support

Can anyone help me to fix my issues? My previous issue still not fix and here another encountered errors.

Please see below picture 1, the site is accessible via web filtering but some interface is not function the chat box is still connecting only. 

Please see picture 2, when web filtering is disabled the site is accessible and the chat box is connected.

Also when using APP's like "Viber". No internet connection via web filtering.

I'm looking forward to your end to fix these issues.

Thank you

ken

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 736

Replies: 8