TL-SG1016PE Switch VLAN issue after approx 2-4 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 09:37:28
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20191218 Rel.49932

Hi,

I have a my TL-SG1016PE running on firmware 1.0.0 Build 20191218 Rel.49932 setup with a few different 802.1Q VLANs:

And also port PVIDs setup:

Port 1 is Trunked to my EdgeRouter which hosts the DHCP server, this works fine and initially all devices get issued IP addresses as expected.

My issue is that some network devices are not always powered on/plugged in (one of the TVs [port 13] and a Work laptop [port 12] ) most/all other devices are always left on. After a few weeks of the switch being powered on and the not always on devices are turned on they will not be issued with an IP address, the logs of the EdgeRouter show no taffic coming through on the VLAN in question. It seems that the switch is not recognising the device and not opening up the port and tagging the packets with the correct VLAN so no data is getting through.

If a reboot the switch the issue persists, however if i hard reboot (unplug) then the issue is fixed and the devices that are not always on work for a few more weeks each time they are powered on.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Is there any other data i can get together to work out exactly where the problem is?

Thanks,

Richard

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016PE Switch VLAN issue after approx 2-4 weeks
2021-11-09 09:52:40 - last edited 2021-11-10 00:52:26

Dear @Richard325,

Richard325 wrote

My issue is that some network devices are not always powered on/plugged in (one of the TVs [port 13] and a Work laptop [port 12] ) most/all other devices are always left on. After a few weeks of the switch being powered on and the not always on devices are turned on they will not be issued with an IP address,

It may not be related to the VLAN issue.

From your problem description, it's suggested to try the following beta firmware to verify if it helps.

TL-SG1016PE_v2_1.0.0_Build 20211019 (Beta)

Note: this beta firmware fixes the issue that the clients plugged into idle ports may fail to obtain IP addresses after the switch has been working for some time. Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before proceeding!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-09 10:13:42

@Fae Thanks Fae, are there any release notes etc. associated with this?

Options
2021-11-10 00:53:31

Dear @Richard325,

I've attached the release note below the beta firmware. So this beta firmware fixes the issue that the clients plugged into idle ports may fail to obtain IP addresses after the switch has been working for some time.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-12 07:49:32
Thanks again @Fae, i have updated the firmware - i should add the autoreboot didn't work at the end of the process, the management page just went back to the home page after saying it was going to reboot. I also tried to reboot from the system menu a few times but this also failed. The home page still showed the old firmware as being active. After clicking around and making sure no firmware updates were still going on by waiting a few minutes i pulled the plug. After this reboot the switch is now showing the new beta firmware as installed and running. I will update if i have any issues.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 4

Related Articles