Connect Sky-Q Platinum with sky mino on R605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-09 13:44:50
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V1_1.1.1_20210723

Hello I am new in the management of computer networks and I would like help in configuring my network. In the next image there is summarily indicated as my network is composed.

The main problem is that I can't communicate Sky-Q Platinum and Sky Mini. After several investigations I understood that Sky Mini transmits a broadcasting signal to the UDP 1900 port of the SSDP type to signal its presence in the network.

Initially I thought of making a NAT with address 192.168.1.59 to 192.168.3.59 that shows me this address in the Network 192.168.1.x where Sky-Q Platinum is located. The problem is that it does not pass the Broadcast signal and then you don't see Sky-Q mini. How can I solve the problem if possible

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect Sky-Q Platinum with sky mino on R605
2021-11-10 08:00:44

@GStoduto 

As I see your question is very much like the controller discovering EAPs across the network in the omada series.

Your Sky Mini can be seen as an EAP and Sky-Q as an Omada Controller. To enable the controller to discover the EAP across the network, the tplink can install the EAP discovery utility in the LAN, inform the controller of the location, and then open the port to enable communication between the two.

Your Sky product should also have a similar tool available, you can ask the Sky Mini product support I think.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 1