OC200 Controller - add multiple cloud users

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-12 12:22:43
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.4.6

Hello,

I have both local admin and cloud admin enabled on oc200, but I want another cloud user with a different tp link id. 

I have read the manual (link below) and I can't find the options listed in the manual:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201910/20191023/configuring-omada-cloud-service-for-omada-controller.pdf

How do I achieve this?

The only option I have is to add an admin account, but I need to configure a mail server?

For what do I need to configure a mail server, can't I just assign a tplink account as stated in the manual?

How can I add a another user for a site/controller?

Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 Controller - add multiple cloud users
2021-11-15 03:05:34 - last edited 2021-11-15 03:08:56

@userNAC 

When you add a Cloud admin, the Omada Controller V4 requires mail authentication. There's an email sent to the person, the person needs to confirm this by clicking the link. After that, that person will become the admin. 

That's the reason why it requires the mail server setup before adding a Cloud admin. 

So, not like V3. V4 is different. 

The UG you referred to, it is old UG for V3. V4's UG will show what you see on the controller v4 UI.

Options
Re:OC200 Controller - add multiple cloud users
2021-11-15 10:29:40

@John1234 thank you for the clarification. maybe the documentation of Omanda should be updated in order to avoid confusion.

I did setup an email with the google account and I was able to create aditional users. All is working as it should.

thank you

Options