Keep PPPoE connected?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Keep PPPoE connected?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Keep PPPoE connected?
Keep PPPoE connected?
2021-11-14 20:32:44
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Is there a way to configure a PPPoE WAN connection to be "nailed-up", that is remain connected continuously?

I have a remote site (controller is not on-site) with a PPPoE connection, and I get a ton of alerts during the night when there's little/no traffic as the connection goes up and down. If I set it to a timed connection, it does indeed disconnect for 1 minute a day (and alerts when it does it)

How do I configure the router to remain connected?

Thanks,

-Zandr

Options
3 Reply
Re:Keep PPPoE connected?
2021-11-15 01:42:58

@ZandrM 

Can you check the ISP's line is stable? Ever contact the ISP to check the line?

Try to use connect automatically. 

Options
2021-11-15 01:46:00
Yes, the line is stable (now). There have been issues in the past, but as I noted, it stays connected if I use the timed connection mode. (Save for that one minute a day, of course)
Options
2021-11-15 02:40:55
Can you try automatic mode? This seems to be a very simple network setup. Cannot be a bug with the mode... Do you have any other information about this issue? Cable should be good, right? In standalone, do you have this issue? And, in standalone, do you have that kept connected all day, no drop?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Related Articles