Changing remote site subnet through Omada Cloud - Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-16 19:50:37

Hello,  

This is a bit of a basic question, but I wanted to confirm my options.

I have two sites currently in my omada controller.  Main office site A (192.168.0.1/24) and remote office site B (192.168.0.1/24).  The controller for this setup exists behind the gateway in site A.  I adopted the hardware in site B using the Omada Discovery Utility (Port forwarded to Controller in Site A/Non VPN connection)

I going to be setting up a manual IPsec VPN tunnel between them, but before I did that I wanted to change the subnet of site B from 192.168.0.1/24 to 192.168.1/21.  When I change the LAN subnet from 0 to 1 in site B in Omada, my ER605 gateway successfully changes from 192.168.0.1/24 to 192.168.1/21.  However, the rest of my devices hooked behind my gateway ( TL-SG2008P and EAP245s) become disconnected in Omada with the IP addresses still showing the 0 subnet.  I'm not sure if either

1) The devices picked up the new subnet and changed IP addresses and Omada is 'hardcoded' to the original IP addresses or not pick up this change

or

2)  The devices are not picking up the new subnet change, not changing the IP address and therefor disconnecting to the gateway.

If I change the subnet back from 1 to 0, my devices come back online in Omada.

What's the trick here?  Do I need to be physically in the location to make this update or is this something that can be done remotely.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing remote site subnet through Omada Cloud - Help
2021-11-17 03:25:58 - last edited 2021-11-17 03:27:32

@Jonathan. 

Update DHCP> Wired Network >LAN > Default LAN's on VLAN1, modify gateway and click update DHCP range. 

Do you fix IPs to these devices? If so, remove it. Use DHCP first and make them get an IP from new subnet.

Reboot them and restart the Controller and check again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 1

Related Articles