Packet copy and redirect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Packet copy and redirect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Packet copy and redirect
Packet copy and redirect
2021-11-22 17:27:32
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.4.6

Hello. I wanted to ask if it is possible to intercept (router ER7206 or switch SG2008 - under Omad OC200 control) packets coming from a specific device (by IP or MAC address) and send a copy to another device for data processing.

I have a central heating boiler controller that sends data to the manufacturer's server. I would like to try to intercept this data in my LAN and try to process it for my own use.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Packet copy and redirect
2021-11-23 08:22:33

@marpi82 

As far as I know, these devices should not be able to do that.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-11-25 01:45:51

@marpi82 It is a bummer but this is only possible in standalone mode where you can mirror the port that is connected to Central heating boiler controller to an empty port in the switch/router (depending where is it connected) and capture data connecting yourself to the switch port that you choose as destination, then fire up wire shark and you are done, set a capture filter on mac or ip. done

Unfortunately for some reason this supposedly business controller does ot have this basic feature. no

Options
2021-11-25 01:51:47

@marpi82 Now that said you will probably find that communication is done using TLS and cannot be decrypted without a man in the middle proxy..if the manufacturer is incomptent they may be using plain text, in which case please alert other people here so they do not buy such an ill-designed stuff.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 3

Related Articles