v5 software for Linux users?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 16:36:46

Hi,

Is there any reason that the latest version of the Controller (v5.x) is only available for Windows? When will it be available for Linux also?

Thanks

Andy

Options
4 Reply
Re:v5 software for Linux users?
2021-12-01 05:25:08

@andyhawkins 

There are lots of feedback on this recently. People are asking V5 on Linux. Should be quick in the near future for a release. 

The reason they don't release Linux, I think the V5 has some bug feedbacks. Not really, super stable since it is the first release of V5. 

Options
2021-12-01 09:05:41

@John1234 

Understood, thanks for the input.

Hopefully they'll fix the fact that you can't change the settings regarding forwarding of unknown multicasts as well!

Andy

Options
2021-12-02 06:41:54 - last edited 2021-12-02 06:42:46

@andyhawkins 

Not aware of that. Do you have details of your issue? You can share it w/ people. Or send mails to the support. The official may find this issue and report. I don't know about that. 5.0.15 release note did not mention any about multicast bug fixed

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/omada-software-controller/

Options
2021-12-02 08:37:28

@John1234 

Hi,

It's not a bug as such, there's just nowhere in the Omada interface to set the state of the 'Unknown Multicast Groups' setting on the switch.

I've spoken to support about it and apparently they've passed it on to the product team. Seems a fairly large omission, as if you can't turn that setting on, then multicasts are just sent out to every port on the switch as far as I can tell.

Andy

Options