vigi nvr1016h hard drive not woking after reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-01 11:00:43

I have a vigi nvr1016h and a 2 tb seagate hard drive.

We have problems with the electricity supply at the moment and the RCD breaker keep tripping (nothing to do with the vigi nvr1016h )

When the supply is turned back on the vigi nvr1016h does not activate the hard drive, the hard drive light goes on then off again and the box boots. I can hear the hard drive spinning up. In the settings the vigi nvr1016h doesn't list the hard drive.

After unplugging and plugging in the power supply a couple of times the vigi nvr1016h boots normally with the hard drive light on and the hard drive working again.

I have checked the hard drive connector and there does not seem any problems like dry solder joints etc..

Anyone else having the same problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

Options
10 Reply
Re:vigi nvr1016h hard drive not woking after reboot.
2021-12-02 05:17:39

@Captinmax 

Does it properly recognize the hard drive now? 

I don't use HDD now. I don't have authority on this problem. But, I know little about the differences between HDD and SSD. So, reboot several times, which may help the HDD back to normal status and it will properly work again? Nevertheless, an outage should not cause any issue with the HDD. I know that HDD isn't reliable like SSD. You gotta be careful with HDD to prevent any data loss. 

You can test the HDD on a PC's motherboard. Connect to the motherboard and test if the HDD still works? 

Options
2021-12-02 07:00:09

@John1234 

Thanks for your reply.

I have over 35 years experience building and maintaining computer systems.

I know the HDD is not at fault on this occasion. It has been fully tested. It is also a specific CCTV rated hard drive made specifically for NVR's.

After a couple of power cycles the TP-Link does recognise the HDD again and works normally until the next power outage or reboot.

Options
2022-01-26 21:17:52

@Captinmax 

I can't really help on this, but confirm a sort-of-same experience. After a power failure when electricity was restored the NVR booted up fine, even the HDD worked but the NVR kept on giving the "HDD trouble" warning beeps along with a visual "IP conflict" message. After a power off & on everything was back to normal. It smells like firmware issue for me but I'm afraid we can't hope to get much help here. By the way, it would be nice to have a remote shutdown feature to be able to correctly shut the system in case of a blackout while the UPS still holds. 

Options
2022-01-27 08:17:26

@dkHU 

This is worth attention from the team. 

Options
2022-01-27 09:02:16 - last edited 2022-01-27 09:02:33

Dear @dkHU@Captinmax,

dkHU wrote

I can't really help on this, but confirm a sort-of-same experience. After a power failure when electricity was restored the NVR booted up fine, even the HDD worked but the NVR kept on giving the "HDD trouble" warning beeps along with a visual "IP conflict" message. After a power off & on everything was back to normal. It smells like firmware issue for me but I'm afraid we can't hope to get much help here. By the way, it would be nice to have a remote shutdown feature to be able to correctly shut the system in case of a blackout while the UPS still holds. 

May I know the hardware and firmware version of your NVR1016H?

And what's the model number of your hard drive?

Could you please upload a picture to show us the info, or give us a purchase link for further investigation?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-09 15:19:04

@Captinmax 

Same issue on Vigi NVR1008H.

Using 1tb seagate hawkeye for NVR and i have to reboot several times to fix. 

This NVR i've purchased via lazada of Singapore and the hdd i bought from an authorised distributor in Vietnam.

It seems that there is something wrong with the firmware

Options
2022-10-01 08:00:33

@Fae 

Same issue on Vigi NVR1008H

Using with 4TB Seagate SkyHawk or 1TB Seagate Desktop.

Both hard disk works fine with Windows 10. 

Any update on this issue?

Device Model: VIGI NVR1008H(UN) 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 220823 Rel.48229n

Options
2022-10-05 14:15:54

@Fae 

It's already October 2022 and still no updates for this issue?

Options
2022-10-09 05:58:23

Dear @HarryCalayan,

HarryCalayan wrote

Same issue on Vigi NVR1008H

Using with 4TB Seagate SkyHawk or 1TB Seagate Desktop.

Both hard disk works fine with Windows 10. 

Any update on this issue?

Device Model: VIGI NVR1008H(UN) 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 220823 Rel.48229n

To confirm, would several reboots fix the issue as it's described in this thread? Or the hard disk never works with the NVR1008H?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-10-10 12:14:53

@Fae 

The hard drive works sometimes after several reboots, but I already removed the hard drive because it is so annoying when it is not detected after awhile.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1526

Replies: 10