Mesh connection is gone and no way to recover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-01 15:37:50
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.7.0

Setup:

EAP225 (1)
IP via DHCP
Fallback: 192.168.2.201

EAP225 (2)

IP via DHCP
Fallback: 192.168.2.200

Router

IP: 192.168.2.254

DHCP range: 192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.99

Desktop with Omada software controller

IP: 192.168.2.110 (static)

Switch tl-sg108e

IP: 192.168.2.250

Schematic overview:

--------------------------

Case is this:

I've set-up my network several years ago via the software controller. Apart from some roaming issues between the hotspots I never really have problems.

Now, due too constructions in the house we've temporarily moved to the shed, connecting the shed and the house via MESH with two wifi hotspots. The network is configured to automatically MESH connect when the cable network fails.

This worked perfect for the first four days, but today I cannot get any connection between the two AP's anymore.

Whenever I open the MESH settings for the specific AP (2), it says, 'This AP is a wired AP currently'.

Which in itself is correct, because it needs to connect to the switch, linking the two networks together.
But it should still connect to AP (1), which it doesn't do anymore.

I've tried almost everything, already reset AP (2) and reconfigured it. Reset the switch, but there is no way I get these AP's to communicate with each other.

The distance between AP (1) and AP (2) is 10 meters in open sight. So no issues there. I've always gotten 200 MB/s over the past days.
Wifi in the house AP (1) works fine.

I've already replaced AP (1) and AP (2) with each other, but no difference. Wifi in the house keeps working. Shed does nothing.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Mesh connection is gone and no way to recover
2021-12-02 05:05:57

@petervdveen 

EAP will use the the ETH prior to the mesh. 

Do you try to re-configure again following the instructions? https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2949/

I don't see anything wrong. Just not a regular setup. But, looks okay to me. To pair them up using the mesh, you need to do that when adopting. 

Options
2021-12-02 23:02:24

@John1234 

So basically, reset all AP's and begin from scratch?

What I did today is,I put a really long utp cable from the house to the shed. Obviously I got everything working that way.

Hoping it would understand that when disconnecting, they would setup the mesh again, but they didn't.

Is there any way to create the mesh while connected via UTP? That way I can't say least communicate to all AP's to tell them what I want. 😉

Options
2021-12-03 05:33:02

@petervdveen 

It looks like everything is ok but, the only thing I would change is where the controller is located, I do not know if it has anything to say but I would put the controller on the same side of the link as the router is on,

Mesh on tp-link is not usually a problem but I have never tested with the controller placed this way.

Options
2021-12-03 06:41:19

@petervdveen 

Agreed w/ shberge. It works if the mesh(wireless connection) is established. The controller will communicate with the router and first EAP. But, I don't know how you moved it and it worked for a while until this time it stopped. 

To pair the mesh again, you gotta reset and power it up without an Internet cable. Discover by WiFi, adopt by WiFi

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 791

Replies: 4