No wifi heat map showing up; how do I generate it/

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-03 17:08:59 - last edited 2022-01-06 03:11:13
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.4.6

I'm setting up a new Omada network.  Currently small to test the hardware and overall system.  

After getting everything setup, I'm having issues with roaming (mainly Apple devices). I sense the power levels on the APs are wrong, so I'd like to use the wifi heat map feature.

I uploaded a map of the site and put the APs on the map.  Nothing.  There is no map heat map.  

Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Do I need to run a network test that will generate the map?  (User Guide seems pretty useless.)

Thanks in advance.

The setup is:

ER605

SG2210P

two EAP620HDs

Software Controller (docker on NAS) v4.4.6

All firmwares have been updated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No wifi heat map showing up; how do I generate it/-Solution
2021-12-06 03:15:12 - last edited 2022-01-06 03:11:13

@Akaman From what I know Heat Map is not available right now. Some people said it will be available on Controller version 5.1. For now the newest version is 5.0 so I think we have to wait

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:No wifi heat map showing up; how do I generate it/-Solution
2021-12-06 03:15:12 - last edited 2022-01-06 03:11:13

@Akaman From what I know Heat Map is not available right now. Some people said it will be available on Controller version 5.1. For now the newest version is 5.0 so I think we have to wait

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No wifi heat map showing up; how do I generate it?
2021-12-06 14:18:03

@Somnus Thanks for the reply.  Definitely a bummer for me, since I'm investing in Omada because of some funky connectivity issues I'm trying sort out.  

When I looked last week, v5 of the Controller wasn't out for teh Software Controller.  I hope v5 comes out soon, and v5.1 isn't too far behind.  

Maybe not appropriate for this thread, but what is the cadence of Controller releases?  Monthly, quarterly, or cross your fingers and hope?  I couldn't find release notes/changelog history when I last looked.

Options
2021-12-07 02:47:53
According to their website, every 2-4 month it's supposed to have an update version. Look here it shows the release date: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/omada-software-controller/
Options
2021-12-08 01:28:50

@Somnus Thanks for the link.  I see the dates and release notes, which are definitely helpful.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2863

Replies: 4