Can i connect 3 omada switches to a main switch and still manage all of them with vlans w/APs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can i connect 3 omada switches to a main switch and still manage all of them with vlans w/APs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-05 20:08:17

Can i connect 3 omada switches to a main switch and still manage all of them and utilize vlan? like below. also if there are three switches, can I connect them all to the router also in port 1,2 and 3? note ill be connecting an eap610 to each child switch

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can i connect 3 omada switches to a main switch and still manage all of them with vlans w/APs?
2021-12-06 06:57:29

@alsolh 

Yes, I think is OK.

But I remember that tplink router's port 1 is WAN port by default, usually the front is used to connect modem, I suggest you can enter the router's management interface to see if you have set up multiple WAN ports, generally recommend that the switch is connected to the router's LAN port.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Can i connect 3 omada switches to a main switch and still manage all of them with vlans w/APs?
2021-12-06 17:04:19

@Virgo 

thanks dear but can you confirm I can still do separate vlan assignments on the leaf switches if they are connected to a main one which is connected to the router lan ports?

Options
2021-12-07 07:02:00

@alsolh 

Yes, you can set the separate VLAN on the back switches, just need to note that the ports between the router and the switch, and between the switches, are set to tagged.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1339

Replies: 3

Related Articles