EAP-225 Outdoor as CPE / Directional Link?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 21:04:04

I find myself frustrated yet again by the fact that all of the TP-Link CPE's are Pharos control devices and won't talk Omada.

I have a small ranch with two network zones, and I need to connect the two zones.  Today, I do that with a pair of CPE210's - but they are not Omada managed.

Is there any reason that I cannot add directional antennas to a pair of EAP-225 Outdoors and use them as CPE's in place of the 210's?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP-225 Outdoor as CPE / Directional Link?
2021-12-08 06:56:34

@DanL 

As far as I know, CPE can transmit over long distances with high antenna gain and high transmitting power, in addition to directional antennas.
The EAP225-outdoor is mainly used for wireless coverage, with an omni-directional antenna, and the antenna gain and transmitting power are not high.

And generally speaking, when different brands are used together (tplink's EAP and another brand of antenna), there are likely to be compatibility issues.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 1

Related Articles