ER605 PPPOE xxxx@public.maxis.,com.my failed to connect to server because sending padi time out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 PPPOE xxxx@public.maxis.,com.my failed to connect to server because sending padi time out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-10 08:07:45
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 20210723 Ref 64608

I had just brought ER605 vpn router. Im trying connect WAN1 to maxis ISP, but the system log show that PPPOE xxxx@public.maxis.,com.my failed to connect to server because sending padi time out. I rty to restart modem also same. I try to restart vpn router also show same. Then i plug in the maxis orginal modem/router. It work fine.

Cause i seen on the forum say that this message given is the network cable problem. But i check the cable all fine.

Please advise...

Options
9 Reply
Re:ER605 PPPOE xxxx@public.maxis.,com.my failed to connect to server because sending padi time out
2021-12-13 02:41:11

@John-ssa It seems like your tp-link router didn't get a reply from PPPoE server. What I suspect: 1. Your ISP server doesn't like a 3rd-party router or; 2. the username/password is incorrect so the server reject the connection. From my experience it will be helpful to check your PPPoE username and password(like there should be no comma between domain name and com, so "xxxx@public.maxis.,com.my" should be "xxxx@public.maxis.com.my")

Options
Re:ER605 PPPOE xxxx@public.maxis.,com.my failed to connect to server because sending padi time out
2021-12-13 05:26:51

@Somnus Thank for you

Somnus wrote

@John-ssa It seems like your tp-link router didn't get a reply from PPPoE server. What I suspect: 1. Your ISP server doesn't like a 3rd-party router or; 2. the username/password is incorrect so the server reject the connection. From my experience it will be helpful to check your PPPoE username and password(like there should be no comma between domain name and com, so "xxxx@public.maxis.,com.my" should be "xxxx@public.maxis.com.my")

r reply,  i had double check on the username and password. Seen ok, the , on this post is my typing error.

Options
2021-12-20 00:08:38

@John-ssa Then there could be some other limitation. Some ISP may requires to add VLAN ID while do the connection, some ISP may limit the MAC address so it won't accept 3rd-party router. You may check all WAN setting on your original router, and copy MAC address of that router to the er605. I don't have more info about your ISP but it's worth trying tp-link support from here

Options
2021-12-22 09:33:01

@Somnus Thank you. Now i dial up the PPPOE using back the maxis router, and set the VPN router as statis ip in the wan mode.

Somnus wrote

@John-ssa Then there could be some other limitation. Some ISP may requires to add VLAN ID while do the connection, some ISP may limit the MAC address so it won't accept 3rd-party router. You may check all WAN setting on your original router, and copy MAC address of that router to the er605. I don't have more info about your ISP but it's worth trying tp-link support from here

Options
2022-02-08 20:00:56
I had this problem with Centurylink Gigabit fiber PPOE and found that it was the VLAN ID. Centurylink uses VLAN 201 and when I added this to config it worked.
Options
2022-03-17 06:48:37

Similar problem here. The connection works fine for most of the time, just sometimes it goes crazy and I'm getting hundreds of alerts (the router is managed by the Omada controller).

Options
2022-03-27 18:46:55
THANK YOU so much. I got the PPPoE login info from centurylink but it didn’t work until I put the Vlan ID to 201
Options
2022-03-27 18:48:42
Oh I also cloned the MAC ID from the centurylink modem but I don’t know if that was necessary. I’m not going to change it now that it’s working!
Options
2022-07-24 07:07:00 - last edited 2022-07-24 07:07:58

I came to this thread because I had a similar problem with another internet provider.

With the ER605 alone I was not able to get it running.

Then I setup Omada Software Controller on my PC and connected the ER605 to that one.

In the Omada controller there are more settings like changing the MAC address. This is what I planned to do.

But that wasn't necessary. I just used the PPPoE username and password and now this works.

It seems the Omada Controller does something different than the ER605 standalone.

Now I will try the same with the Omada OC200 hardware controller which I have already. Let's see.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2554

Replies: 13