ER605 Router VPN traffic from Mexico being blocked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-10 17:05:55
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35074

I set up Internet service and a network for my bosses home with an ER605 router and one of our business WAN IP's.

I set up a PPTP VPN connection for him to connect to the network. The goal is for him to connect to the network and check the temperature in his home. He connects to the VPN and then to a computer in his home using either RDP or UltraVNC.

I am able to connect to the router from my home internet service and both cell phone hotspots. I can then RDP or VNC to the computer with no problem. 

He can connect to the router from his home in Mexico but both the RDP and VNC connections fail. 

I checked the log and it doesn't show anything other than him connecting to the VPN.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Router VPN traffic from Mexico being blocked
2021-12-13 09:32:17

@Filenotfound 

Just to confirm, when you test the VPN in your own home, you mean you can connect through both connections to the ER605 and can you Ping through to the devices in the LAN and access the devices behind the ER605?

Does it show VPN Tunnel on the router?

You can turn off the firewall and anti-virus software on your boss's home computer to try it out.

Are there any advanced settings on this router?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-12-13 14:08:51 - last edited 2021-12-13 14:09:56

Correct, I can connect to the VPN and access the computer using both RDP and VNC over my home internet and my cell phone hotspot.

It's set up as a VPN Server/Client.

The VPN shows the connection has been made and is active.

I turned off the firewall.

Not that I am aware of.

Options
2021-12-14 06:43:32

Dear @Filenotfound,

Filenotfound wrote

Correct, I can connect to the VPN and access the computer using both RDP and VNC over my home internet and my cell phone hotspot.

It's set up as a VPN Server/Client.

The VPN shows the connection has been made and is active.

I turned off the firewall.

Not that I am aware of.

1. if you don't mind, can you provide the system version and model of the equipment used for VPN connection in Mexico?
2. Please make sure that your boss's device is using the IP assigned by the VPN on the connection, and then try pinging the device on the back end of the router to see if you can ping through?
3. You may also ask your boss to use the hotspot and try again.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 672

Replies: 3

Related Articles