EAP245 not passing Provisioning status during adoption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-11 11:45:56
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.4

Hello,

I am opening a new thread because in all other threads I read, I could not find a workable solution to my issue.

I just recently purchases a bundle of EAP245 v3 + Switch TL-SG108PE for my home network, after getting poor results with other solutions as wifi repeaters and consumer mesh wifi systems.

My home consists of 3 floors with several concrete/brick walls.

The topology of the network is as shown below:

I successfully configured the standalone EAP's via both the iOS App as well via web browser, and that is all working fine.

The issue I am having is that once I set up the Omada Cloud Software Controller, I am not able to Adopt any of the devices.

When I try to adopt any of them, they briefly go from status PENDING to status PROVISIONING, which lasts from a few seconds, up to about a minute, and then they go back to PENDING.

I am by no means an experienced user when it comes to networks, so I am kind of lost in what else I could try to get them to adopt.

I know I could just use them as standalone, but I would like to take advantage of Seamless roaming.

Things I have tried so far:

1. Update the EAP's and the software controller to the latest available firmware (5.0.4 and 5.0.15 respectively)
  2. Update the switch's firmware. However, for some reason, I get an error when trying to install the latest version.
  3. Run the adoption with all the EAP's in factory reset status (multiple times).
  4. Enable the 'Cloud-Based Controller Management' option within the EAP controllers and input the controller's IP address and port as seen from the ISP router.
  5. Temporarily removing the third EAP (Third floor) and connect my PC directly to the switch. The issue still remains for the other two EAP's.
  6. Temporarily turning off all Windows/Third-party firewalls and antivirus.

Any help from the experts around here would really be appreciated! :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP245 not passing Provisioning status during adoption
2021-12-13 08:53:51

@Vhenx 

How about disabling the AI Roaming on the controller to have a try?

If it still can not help, please use the original POE adapter to power one of EAP, and only do the Adopting steps on this EAP to test.

It means try to adopt one by one. And it is best to exclude the influence of switches.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP245 not passing Provisioning status during adoption
2021-12-14 14:18:55
@Virgo AI Roaming was already disabled, so I turned both Fast Roaming and AI Roaming on and attempted the adoption again, and that worked fine, so now all devices are connected. Thank you for your help!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 844

Replies: 2

Related Articles