Admin and Remote Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Admin and Remote Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Admin and Remote Access
Admin and Remote Access
2021-12-12 19:03:08
Model: VIGI NVR1008  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Having had success with the Tapo and Deco ecosystems, I thought I'd try VIGI for business security. To my eyes, it is one hot mess by comparison with the biggest issue being brought up by other posters - no remote access to setting and recordings away from the system. For my use case (installation in a cabinet on a remote site), it is completely useless currently. Are there any plans to add a useable network GUI or allow remote access to recordings via the mobile app? Right now, a Tapo C310 is a more usable remote solution.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Admin and Remote Access
2021-12-13 13:00:40

@TapoMan 

Have you downloaded the VIGI APP on your phone?
Once downloaded it is possible to monitor remotely.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-12-13 17:32:00

@Virgo 

Yes - downloaded on both laptop and mobile. The former has a buggy playback interface that does not correctly resize the image on an FHD (laptop) screen and the latter has no access to any recordings or alerting on motion detection. A £30 TAPO camera is far more useful.

Options
2021-12-14 07:52:49

Dear @TapoMan ,

TapoMan wrote

@Virgo 

Yes - downloaded on both laptop and mobile. The former has a buggy playback interface that does not correctly resize the image on an FHD (laptop) screen and the latter has no access to any recordings or alerting on motion detection. A £30 TAPO camera is far more useful.

Thank you very much for your feedback, this is the way VIGI is currently designed, sorry for the inconvenience, we will help you to feedback your problem to our senior engineers.
As for the recording you mentioned, normally the recording can be viewed remotely, but some settings such as motion detection cannot be adjusted.

Best Regards!

Options
2021-12-15 11:14:50

@Hank21 

OK - at the very least, it would be useful to have the following:

1. Web Administration. Via HTTPS, configuration changes such as users, networking and camera addition should be possible through this.

2. Email Alerts. This is the most egregious omission. Motion detection, device health, storage space. All should be pushable via email. Text would be fine but needs to allow us to customise. Options to send via TP-Link or our own SMTP server if we want.

Options
2022-01-08 13:41:35

@Hank21 

Please at least consider adding a remote shutdown feature of any sort, or at least add it to the app feature set. In case of a blackout when the UPS runs out there should be an option to correctly shut down the NVR. For any security related system that should be a basic feature. 

Options
2022-01-26 21:10:26

@TapoMan 

Did you come any closer to remotely managing the NVR?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 690

Replies: 6