EAP245 V3 2.4GHz Stops Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-13 02:45:22
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.4

I started having difficulty with my smart home devices, and staying connected to wifi.  I have 4 visible SSID created, 3 with both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, plus a specific SSID created for these devices, with only 2.4GHz enabled.  All my smart home devices are offline.  On my phones/tablets/PCs, I can't see this 2.4GHz network in the list of available networks.  When I enable 5GHz radio on this SSID, the network will appear on my devices.  Looking at the Omada software, there are zero 2.4GHz clients.  When using the Kasa app to try to move a device to a different wifi network, the Kasa app can not see any 2.4GHz networks. 

I've tried rebooting the EAP245, power cycling it, forcing provisioning on it, firmware update, and a factory reset, with no change.  The 2.4GHz only SSID will appear for a few minutes, then disappear again.  How can I troubleshoot the 2.4GHz radio on the EAP245?

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP245 V3 2.4GHz Stops Working
2021-12-14 11:54:40

Dear @trimmkm ,

trimmkm wrote

I started having difficulty with my smart home devices, and staying connected to wifi.  I have 4 visible SSID created, 3 with both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, plus a specific SSID created for these devices, with only 2.4GHz enabled.  All my smart home devices are offline.  On my phones/tablets/PCs, I can't see this 2.4GHz network in the list of available networks.  When I enable 5GHz radio on this SSID, the network will appear on my devices.  Looking at the Omada software, there are zero 2.4GHz clients.  When using the Kasa app to try to move a device to a different wifi network, the Kasa app can not see any 2.4GHz networks. 

I've tried rebooting the EAP245, power cycling it, forcing provisioning on it, firmware update, and a factory reset, with no change.  The 2.4GHz only SSID will appear for a few minutes, then disappear again.  How can I troubleshoot the 2.4GHz radio on the EAP245?

To better help you to locate the issue, please tell me more details.

1. Is there this issue with all SSID's 2.4G?
2. Is there any advanced setting like guest network or something you set on the controller?
3. You may try to disable the AI Roaming to test.
4. " When I enable 5GHz radio on this SSID, the network will appear on my devices. " Do you mean the 2.4G is also detected when you enable the 5G?
5 Can the 2.4G is working fine in standalone mode?

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP245 V3 2.4GHz Stops Working
2021-12-18 23:25:44

@Hank21

Thanks for the reply.  After several hours of troubleshooting, I discovered a bad ESP2866 module was creating 2.4GHz interference and effectively disabling my wifi.  Within the Omada software on the devices screen, looking at the details for the EAP245, I could see the 2.4GHz radio go from 0% utilization (I assume the radio would shut down) to 99% utilization, with the majority of that categorized by the EAP245 as interference.  Once I unplugged the ESP8266 module, my 2.4GHz network returned to normal. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 819

Replies: 2