config for two Lines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

config for two Lines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
config for two Lines
config for two Lines
2021-12-15 08:19:06 - last edited 2022-01-07 05:09:45
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64359

Hi.

I have two lines into my small business.

Virgin @ 500bm

Cuckoo @100mb

I though I want to send the traffic over the virgin line and only drop off to cuckoo using failover.

1. Is this the best choice of line management and if so how do i configure

2. or should I let the system manage the lines using Application Optimised Routing?

Thank you 

Alan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:config for two Lines-Solution
2021-12-17 05:41:36 - last edited 2022-01-07 05:09:45

Dear @AlanSh ,

AlanSh wrote.

Basic Settings

• Enable Application Optimized Routing

I have this option on my Router. The description describes what happens if it is switched on, but not what leaving it unchecked will do. Is there a an explanation somewhere?

This function is related with Load Balancing, but actually when you use the link backup then the load balancing will be not effective.

Application Optimized Routing is a routing policy for some specific applications, a network application will set up multiple connections, the application optimized routing can figure out all the connections of detailed application and make sure all the data packets of these connections pass through the same WAN connection.

In general, it does not matter if it is disabled.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:config for two Lines
2021-12-16 08:00:43

Dear @AlanSh

AlanSh wrote

I have two lines into my small business.

Virgin @ 500bm

Cuckoo @100mb

I though I want to send the traffic over the virgin line and only drop off to cuckoo using failover.

1. Is this the best choice of line management and if so how do i configure

2. or should I let the system manage the lines using Application Optimised Routing?

I guess you are talking about the Link Backup function on this router, right?

Based on your scenario, I suggest you use the Virgin as the Primary WAN, and the Cuckoo set as the Backup WAN.

You may consult this article to learn more details: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2133/

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:config for two Lines
2021-12-16 09:17:18

@Hank21 Thanks Hank

That's pretty much what I had set-up, but good to get it confirmed.

One additional question if I can.

Basic Settings

I have this option on my Router. The description describes what happens if it is switched on, but not what leaving it unchecked will do. Is there a an explanation somewhere?

Best

A

Options
Re:config for two Lines-Solution
2021-12-17 05:41:36 - last edited 2022-01-07 05:09:45

Dear @AlanSh ,

AlanSh wrote.

Basic Settings

This function is related with Load Balancing, but actually when you use the link backup then the load balancing will be not effective.

Application Optimized Routing is a routing policy for some specific applications, a network application will set up multiple connections, the application optimized routing can figure out all the connections of detailed application and make sure all the data packets of these connections pass through the same WAN connection.

In general, it does not matter if it is disabled.

Best Regards!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 3

Related Articles