Wired Clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wired Clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wired Clients
Wired Clients
2021-12-21 06:11:54
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20210806

Hi,

I am using OC200 and TL-SG2008P with other Non-TPLINK Switch

I would like to know if there is a way to show only the device connected on ports of switch.

Scenario: Port 8 is plug as cascade or as connection to other switch (non tplink switch in my case) and it showing all devices connected on my non tplink switch

I am not sure with the term or features but can someone guide or help me. I only want to see the direct connected device on port.

Example. 1 item or device each port.

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wired Clients
2021-12-23 11:46:50

@Jeesoon1 

Whenever the clients connected to the back-end needs to access the Internet and forward data through the front-end switch, then these clients are actually displayed.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-12-27 00:38:46
Does this mean if i add another tplink switch supported by omada and i have for example 10 wired devices, it will show 20 wired device connected?
Options
2021-12-28 21:15:47 - last edited 2021-12-28 21:22:10

@Jeesoon1 

Yes that will be correct

On Omada supported switches, it will only show what clients are connected to each port as it is aware of the switch and all the ports.  The omada switch will feed this info back to the controller.

On on Non Omada switch, it wont know anything about the 'non omada switch' and therefore will see however many MAC addresses coming through the port you use for trunking.   In short it will just see a load of device connected on one port and wont know how they are connected..

Using your example screen shot.  lets say you connected a TL-SG2008 to the existing switch, say port 8 to port 8 to join the switches.    Your image will change to show  MAC1 on Port 1... MAC2 on Port 2... MAC 3 on Port 3.... TRUNK on Port 8  .   Each port will identify the single device connected to it  

At the minute I'm guessing you have the 'non omada' switch on Port 8.. hence its seeing 12/16/24/however many devices on port 8..

Options
2021-12-28 23:44:36

@Philbert 

Yes, i am currently using 1 Omada Compatible Switch. 

Then i should assume that once i replace my non omada compabtible switch with compatible one it should give me a clear view and not repeating clients.

Thank you for the answer

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 4

Related Articles