TL-R470T+ load Balancing with DSL and T-Mobile Cellular

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-21 23:15:41 - last edited 2021-12-22 02:15:57
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.32850

I have a TL-R470T+ that I was using as a load balancer with two WANs.  I recently added Hulu Live TV service and it insists that it must have a land-line source IP address.  It is happy o\if my traffic comes through my DSL port but won't let me use the service if I come in via the TM-Cellular modem. With load balancing on it is a coin flip on which WAN it uses.  Since the Cellular 5G modem has greater bandwidth if I set it up based on capacity it swings wildly to the incorrect WAN. For a bit I was disabling WAN2 when I wanted to use Hulu Live TV but not an option for rest of family use.  My temporary fix is to reconfigure to DSL (WAN1) with cellular (WAN2) as backup.  This is not ideal. 

Is it possible to configure the TL-R470T+ so that Hulu traffic is routed through WAN1 but the rest of the traffic is load balanced.  As far as I can tell Hulu is the only service I have that has an issue with changing source IPs.

I can probably figure out the IP Address range Hulu uses and/or the port it uses for its traffic but I'm finding the firewall and routing menus a bit confusing. 

Is it possble to see the rules generated when you set the options?   This would help me understand what the behavior will be.

Anybody have and suggestions or guidance on how to use TL-R470T+ commands to get the behavior I am looking for?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R470T+ load Balancing with DSL and T-Mobile Cellular
2021-12-23 06:24:32

Dear @MobileOne ,

MobileOne wrote

Is it possible to configure the TL-R470T+ so that Hulu traffic is routed through WAN1 but the rest of the traffic is load balanced.  As far as I can tell Hulu is the only service I have that has an issue with changing source IPs.

I can probably figure out the IP Address range Hulu uses and/or the port it uses for its traffic but I'm finding the firewall and routing menus a bit confusing.

Based on your requirements, you can consider to set the Policy routing rules, it may meet your needs.

Please refer to this article to get more details:

How to configure Policy Routing on Dual WAN Router?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 1