Linking two sites via VPN that already have BT Business Hub Routers - is TL-R600VPN ok?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Linking two sites via VPN that already have BT Business Hub Routers - is TL-R600VPN ok?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 15:39:24
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

Hello,

I have been asked to link two sites via VPN. The sites already have access to the internet via BT Business Hub Routers. We has some (used) equipment from Cisco that I couldn't get to work (as I did not know what I was doing) so we have bought 2x TL-R600VPN devices which were meant to be "plug and play".

But I have no idea how to configure them for either the local network to connect into the BT Business Hubs at each location, or how we would then set them up working as a VPN.

I have no interest in using the device for anything other than as a VPN link, it does not need to act as a router / switch or anything else.

All that the two sites need to be able to do is see network shares under windows, so maybe these devices are an overkill and there is a more straightforward way of doing this?

Any tips or guidance would be apprecaited as I am way out of my depth. I would be happy to outsource this if anybody believes they can set it up remotely or in person (located in the Guildford, Surrey, UK area).

Many Thanks,

Matt

Options
1 Reply
Re:Linking two sites via VPN that already have BT Business Hub Routers - is TL-R600VPN ok?
2021-12-23 08:23:03

Dear @JohnThom88 ,

JohnThom88 wrote

All that the two sites need to be able to do is see network shares under windows, so maybe these devices are an overkill and there is a more straightforward way of doing this?

Based on your scenario, you may consider to set LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN on 2 R600VPN routers.

Here is a article to guide you how to setup:

How to configure LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN on TP-Link Router?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 1

Related Articles