Can't find EAPs unless I wireless connect to them

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-23 06:09:49
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed two EAP 225's on the same local network today and noticed something strange. If I plug my computer in to the network and do an advanced ip scanner scan, I can't see the EAPs on the network. If I then connect wireless to an EAP and then do the scan I can see all teh wired connections and the ip address of the EAP but not the other EAP. If I disconnect from that EAP and connect to the other EAP, I can see that one and the wired ip addresses but not the other EAPs ip address. On my office network where I only have one EAP, I can scan wired and not wireless, or both and advanced ip scanner picks up the eap address. I don't understand why the EAPs don't show up on a network scan when I'm only wired to the same switch they are on? Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't find EAPs unless I wireless connect to them
2021-12-24 11:10:11

Dear @caseyjanke ,

caseyjanke wrote

I installed two EAP 225's on the same local network today and noticed something strange. If I plug my computer in to the network and do an advanced ip scanner scan, I can't see the EAPs on the network. If I then connect wireless to an EAP and then do the scan I can see all teh wired connections and the ip address of the EAP but not the other EAP. If I disconnect from that EAP and connect to the other EAP, I can see that one and the wired ip addresses but not the other EAPs ip address. On my office network where I only have one EAP, I can scan wired and not wireless, or both and advanced ip scanner picks up the eap address. I don't understand why the EAPs don't show up on a network scan when I'm only wired to the same switch they are on? Thanks

Based on the information you have given, this issue is likely caused by the settings on your front-end switch.

May I know whether you set any advanced settings on that switch like VLAN? Is it also a tp-link switch?

If you don't mind, may I know what's the physical connection(current topology) of your all devices?(You can draw a diagram of Network Topology simply if you don't mind.)

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Can't find EAPs unless I wireless connect to them
2022-01-04 04:10:54

@caseyjanke Thank you for the thoughts, what I did find when I went back and started troubleshooting I found that the switch indeed was set to VLAN mode. IT has a switch on the front of it where you can set it to VLAN and it ends up creating a vlan on every port so nothing can talk to each other but can get out on the internet. Thanks

Options