VPN configuration for a router (acting as VPN server) to talk to other routers acting as VPN clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN configuration for a router (acting as VPN server) to talk to other routers acting as VPN clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-23 19:49:57
Model: TL-ER6120  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi-

i need some help setting up a VPN...

i have a TL-ER6120 that i'd like to make a VPN SERVER

then i have the following which i'd like to make clients to the server, that all would use different ISP's and be at different locations.

i need devices connected to each client to be able to talk to eachother, thru the VPN.

my others routers are (1qty - TL-ER6120) (4qty - ER605)

might someone have some guidance to get me going... have been trying with tech support for several hours so far, but no luck.

thanks in advance,

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN configuration for a router (acting as VPN server) to talk to other routers acting as VPN clients
2021-12-24 06:22:03

Dear @Marc_9444 ,

Marc_9444 wrote

i need some help setting up a VPN...

i have a TL-ER6120 that i'd like to make a VPN SERVER

then i have the following which i'd like to make clients to the server, that all would use different ISP's and be at different locations.

i need devices connected to each client to be able to talk to eachother, thru the VPN.

my others routers are (1qty - TL-ER6120) (4qty - ER605)

Based on your scenario, you may consider to set LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN on 2 routers.

Here is a article to guide you how to setup:

How to configure LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN on TP-Link Router?

If you still need futher help, please provide the network topology of your all devices.

Best Regards!

Options
Re:VPN configuration for a router (acting as VPN server) to talk to other routers acting as VPN clients
2021-12-27 11:54:24

@Hank21 I believe i've got this connected...  as you can see by the below screenshot:

but, i'm not able to ping from one site to the other..

site 1 is 192.168.30.1 and site 2 is 192.168.31.1

how do i get the between site routing working?  is it possible to just have the primary site (.30 subnet), just hand out the addresses to both sites?

thanks

Options
2022-01-05 06:28:00

Dear @Marc_9444 ,

Marc_9444 wrote

Based on the image you provided, the tunnel shows the WAN IP Address on the side of the VPN is the private IP(192.168.1.201) address not a public IP, so it means there is a NAT device in front of the router, then you need to set the port forwarding on the front NAT device.

It means set port forwarding for the router's WAN IP on the front NAT device. And then set the LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN between 100.19.134.114 and that front NAT device's WAN IP.

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 3