Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding
2021-12-30 00:21:46
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi i need some help getting a port open on my setup.

Is there something im missing . Ive tried everything I can think of. When ever I scan for port 9095 it is closed.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding
2021-12-30 06:33:56

@Vaughan2021 

From the screenshot, I think nothing wrong with the settings.

But it's on the controller, so you need to confirm that the ER605 is showing you connected. Also the device actually get the destination IP right?

I assumed the ER605 is the only router/firewall/NAT device in you network.

Options
2021-12-30 08:04:50

@Vaughan2021 

Here port forwarding works without issues. 

some ideas :

- check if you are double natting , that your devices  - router of ISP- if it is also forwarding, opening the port. 

- ensure that your ISP is not blocking the port range 

Options
2021-12-30 22:25:44

@Vaughan2021 

You are right the problem is the ISP is using something called CGNAT , From what I understand I will need static IP to be able to run a server from home again.

Or unless there is a good service that alows a secure tunnel out?

Options
2022-01-06 10:41:47

@Vaughan2021 

I am using T-Mobile home internet and I believe they use CGNAT as well. I could not get my plex to go over the T-Mobile connection. Best solution I found was to get a VPN with a dedicated IP that allows port forwarding. I tried PIA, pure VPN and TorGuard. PIA can not port forward on dedicated IP's. PureVPN I am pretty sure is a scam, since most servers are slow and if you live on the west coast, all their dedicated IP servers are on the east coast, making your latency consistently over 100ms if you live on the west. Torguard pro is $89 for 3yrs (also the cheapest of the three I mentioned). It comes with a dedicated ip and you have the freedom to change the type of protocal you use on the fly (PIA and PureVPN did not have that option). I have mine set up to use wiregaurd protocal, so I lose very little bandwidth to overhead. You can port forward up to 30 ports and its really easy to do. This was the best solution I could find to get around the CGNAT issue, so I could host my plex server still and access it remotely. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 829

Replies: 4

Related Articles