Dyndns from custom service provider

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-31 08:06:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

i try to add a custom dns service provider to my omada controlled router. But in the dns service dialog i can not choose custom dns provider. So i tried dyndns but here is no way to add an custom update-url. Is there a way to a custom dns service provider?

BR,

Stefan

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dyndns from custom service provider
2022-01-25 12:23:15

@stsch83 

Yeah,

I've temporarily installed "ddclient" on a Raspberry Pi, but don't really want to have to keep a Raspberry Pi plugged in just for this.

Most routers offer a 'custom' option and my free DDNS provider (DynV6.com) I am able to use the 'dyndns2' option in ddclient..

The only change required in "dyndns" on the gateway would be to allow a server address to be specified (dynv6.com in my case) and it might work.

My other routers allowed custom URL and just had [ip] tags to allow it to put the current WAN IP in the URL..

All those options would be better than the very cut down list we currently have.

Options
Re:Dyndns from custom service provider
2022-03-16 08:19:18

Yes dynv6 would be great. yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 894

Replies: 2