What type of fiber cable do I need?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 16:33:12 - last edited 2022-01-06 03:02:17
Model: SG2210P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am putting together an Omada system. I have a 16/18 Port TP Link TL-SG2218 switch, and need another switch with Poe on it.  I am going to get the TL-SG2210P. I don't want to connect and give up 2 slots by using the 2 standard copper ports.  I want to connect the 2 together using the SFP slots.  Can anyone tell me what the simplest cable connection would be?  Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:What type of fiber cable do I need?
2022-01-06 07:41:05

Dear @ingeborgdot ,

ingeborgdot wrote

I am putting together an Omada system. I have a 16/18 Port TP Link TL-SG2218 switch, and need another switch with Poe on it.  I am going to get the TL-SG2210P. I don't want to connect and give up 2 slots by using the 2 standard copper ports.  I want to connect the 2 together using the SFP slots.  Can anyone tell me what the simplest cable connection would be?  Thanks.

TL-SG2218 and TL-SG2210P are both 1G SFP ports, you need to connect them with two 1G SFP Modules and the Fiber, please refer to the following diagram for the specific connection method:

As for the specific specifications of the fiber, you need to refer to the specification table of the SFP module you bought to choose the one that matches.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-06 14:56:33

@Hank21 I have not ever worked with fiber before.  What module would a person get for my devices?  Any recommendations?

Options
2022-01-06 14:59:14

@ingeborgdot 

There is a datasheet of the SFP module, you pick the fiber up to the specs of the module. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-01-07 06:17:41

Dear @ingeborgdot ,

You can refer to this link to choose: https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/accessory/?filterby=5717

As for the fiber, need to choose regards the specifications of this SFP module.

Take the TL-SM311LM as example:

These information are important to choose the corresponding Fiber.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 4