Omada EAP with external portal in standalone mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-06 20:11:34
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.5 Build 20210604 Rel. 51118(5553)

Hi.

I'm trying to configure the EAP225 with external Radius and external portal in standalone mode, but when I send the form (using the model form from this link: https://www.tp-link.com/br/support/faq/2335/ ), only a blank page is returned with the HTTP 200 code, no request is made to the Radius server.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Omada EAP with external portal in standalone mode
2022-01-07 07:02:33

Dear @LucasMDS

LucasMDS wrote

I'm trying to configure the EAP225 with external Radius and external portal in standalone mode, but when I send the form (using the model form from this link: https://www.tp-link.com/br/support/faq/2335/ ), only a blank page is returned with the HTTP 200 code, no request is made to the Radius server.

May I know your application scenarios and network requirements?

Could you please provide the screenshot to show your issue?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-07 17:21:26

I'm developing a small hotspot service and would like to use the APs in standalone mode to provide some customers with a cheaper option as they do not want to buy other models (such as EAP225 or OC200 / 300).

In such cases, only the AP on the client would be installed. For models that support L3 adoption, I will use a remote controller.

This is the source code for the form.

Screen before submit

Another problem is the http in the form action

After submitting the form

Options
2022-01-11 05:37:28

Dear @LucasMDS ,

Thank you very much for this detailed information, but how did you know that the EAP was not sending requests to Radius Server, did you capture the packets or did you do some other test?
Is it possible that the Radius authentication did not pass?
Can you test your Radius configuration to see if there are any problems?

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-11 12:44:49

The external portal and FreeRADIUS are running on my local server, so I run FreeRADIUS in debug mode (command freeradius -X) and see that no requests are processed.
Using the same RADIUS configuration on the local portal works correctly and I see requests being processed.

Options
2022-01-17 06:04:56

Dear @LucasMDS ,

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

Options
2022-01-25 06:38:05

@LucasMDS 

How's it going now? Any updates? Would be great if you can share on this issue

Options
2022-01-25 22:40:37

Hello.

The problem has been solved, but let me ask another question:

I will install a controller on some remote server, what services would recommend me to run the application?

Options