Create a VPN with two ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-07 16:04:04
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Hello, I would like to create a vpn with two identical routers naturally cascaded with modems. at the moment I use a vodafone station as a PPTP server and a tplink router as a client. I would like to create this configuration to overcome the security problem of the pptp protocol by creating an open one with the two ER605s. is it possible?

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Create a VPN with two ER605
2022-01-11 06:52:51

Dear @Salvomercadante ,

Salvomercadante wrote

Hello, I would like to create a vpn with two identical routers naturally cascaded with modems. at the moment I use a vodafone station as a PPTP server and a tplink router as a client. I would like to create this configuration to overcome the security problem of the pptp protocol by creating an open one with the two ER605s. is it possible?

Sorry, I'm a little bit confused, do you mean you want to set two R605 as VPN clients and the VPN server is vodafone?

And then you also want to set the LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN between 2 R605s?

What's the physical connection(current topology) of your all devices? (You can draw a diagram of Network Topology simply if you don't mind.)
May I know your application scenarios and network requirements?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-11 07:14:29

@Hank21 then you also want to set the LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN between 2 R605s? exactly!  I want to accomplish this!  two 605s for the vpn and leave the current modems

Options
2022-01-12 05:40:15

Dear @Salvomercadante ,

Salvomercadante wrote

@Hank21 then you also want to set the LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN between 2 R605s? exactly!  I want to accomplish this!  two 605s for the vpn and leave the current modems

Please refer to this article, it will show you how to set:

How to configure LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN on TP-Link Router using the new GUI?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 721

Replies: 3

Related Articles