OC200 unable to establish connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-10 18:59:15
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.14.2 Build 20211215 Rel.61111

I'm struggling to gain cloud access to an OC200. When I attempt to launch, I get the error that 'the controller is disconnected, we're going to reconnect the controller'.

A 'Connection is establishing...' message is displayed, and then it fails to connect. Only option is to retry which is no help, still fails.

Logged in to my cloud account, controller status = online

Cloud light on controller is solid green

Logged in to the controller directly, Cloud Access Status = Connected

It was working perfectly fine until I recently made a change to the gateway subnet from 192.168.0 to 192.168.66. Gateway is an ER605.

As I expected, this change kicked the controller offline.

After about 2 hours OC200 came back online and the IP address indicated it picked up the new IP address range.

(presumably the controller went offline until the DHCP assigned address was refreshed, which is behavior that I anticipated)

And ideas why I can't gain access via cloud?

(I have a hunch that a reboot of the OC200 might correct the situation, or disabling/enabling the cloud access. However, I am wanting to change the subnet range at another site that I don't have direct/physical access to and want to make sure I can resolve this situation before making that change. Otherwise I'd be stuck without the ability to manage that entire site until I can gain direct/physical access)

Options
1 Reply
Re:OC200 unable to establish connection?
2022-01-11 01:17:35

I stumbled on a resolution for my problem. I'm not sure how/why it fixed it, but viewing my controllers in the cloud view (https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/#controller) I selected the controller that isn't connecting, which pulled up the "Site Overview | Details | Config" pane. I went to the Config tab, where it just shows the controller name and timezone. I didn't make any changes at all, but clicked the "apply" button. I was surprised to the the "succeeded" response which suggested to me that I was communicating to the controller. Voila, magically everything is working normally now again! Strange, but I'm happy to see it resolved!!

Gonna make changes on another controller and see if it acts the same, or maybe this was just a fluke.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 1