Open Portal access AND Vouchers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 08:11:54

Hi All

I am managing a network in an Extremely busy Cafe and we wish to offer 2 initial hours access per customer via the portal. no codes needed and no interaction with staff, just come in sit down and connect.

For the customers that want more we want to offer paid vouchers for extensions. the idea is to limit the staff interaction with silly network issues to the limited customers that need longer access. 

However don't seem to be able to find a way to offer both access methods concurrently as only one portal seems to be possible no matter the number of SSID's

Any ideas on a method to archive this?

the network is controlled via the Omada Cloud controller.

Many thanks for tips

Options
11 Reply
Re:Open Portal access AND Vouchers
2022-01-13 06:21:27

Dear @malcoski ,

malcoski wrote

I am managing a network in an Extremely busy Cafe and we wish to offer 2 initial hours access per customer via the portal. no codes needed and no interaction with staff, just come in sit down and connect.

For the customers that want more we want to offer paid vouchers for extensions. the idea is to limit the staff interaction with silly network issues to the limited customers that need longer access. 

However don't seem to be able to find a way to offer both access methods concurrently as only one portal seems to be possible no matter the number of SSID's

You can try selecting Hotspot Portal, which is available for both, for example, Voucher and Local User.
This can be set up by referring to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP5Fd1rMsfg

Best Regards!

Options
2022-01-13 06:34:23
Hi Thanks for your response. The Hotspot would be my only way to operate the voucher part of this question. But this still does not give me the option to offer the open portal access for everyone. To be clear, the aim is to offer all customers a timed hassle free access of say 2 hours followed by vouchers access after the initial free period. if we could build multiple portals assigned to alternative SSID's I guess this would be easy, but as not i'm hoping someone has a workaround that achieves the same outcome. Think like an airport access. 1 hour free for everyone followed by premium packages that you can pay for.,.. many thanks for any tips...
Options
2022-01-13 06:34:24
Hi Thanks for your response. The Hotspot would be my only way to operate the voucher part of this question. But this still does not give me the option to offer the open portal access for everyone. To be clear, the aim is to offer all customers a timed hassle free access of say 2 hours followed by vouchers access after the initial free period. if we could build multiple portals assigned to alternative SSID's I guess this would be easy, but as not i'm hoping someone has a workaround that achieves the same outcome. Think like an airport access. 1 hour free for everyone followed by premium packages that you can pay for.,.. many thanks for any tips...
Options
2022-01-14 06:13:54

Dear @malcoski ,

You can set up a portal that doesn't require authentication to give one SSID, and then the kind of portal like the voucher of hotspot that you want to pay for to give another SSID.

Best Regards!

Options
2022-01-14 06:16:24

@Hank21 hi do you know a method for setting up 2 portals? Currently I can only see the ability to set up 1 on the system.

regards

Options
2022-01-14 06:49:17

Dear @malcoski ,

No, 1 SSID can only set 1 portal, or you choose to set the hotspot and set Voucher and Local User, but I'm afraid it can not meet your needs which wanna use the no authentication portal.

Best Regards!

Options
2022-01-14 08:23:14

@Hank21 just to confirm their is no way to set two portals? even with two different SSID's? 

As it looks now, it seems like their can be only 1 portal system wide no matter the number of SSIDs?

Options
2022-01-17 06:48:27

Dear @malcoski ,

No, you can set 2 portals on 2 SSID like I said in last comment.

You can set up a portal that doesn't require authentication to give one SSID, and then the kind of portal like the voucher of hotspot that you want to pay for to give another SSID.

Best Regards!

Options
2022-01-17 06:54:38
Hi Thanks for the response, That would be an ideal solution but I cannot see any option in the authentication options that allows for a second portal to be created. just the option to associate one portal with Several SSID's. Any idea how you achieve this or where the option in the settings would be?
Options
2022-01-17 06:54:41
Hi Thanks for the response, That would be an ideal solution but I cannot see any option in the authentication options that allows for a second portal to be created. just the option to associate one portal with Several SSID's. Any idea how you achieve this or where the option in the settings would be?
Options