Need help to configure each port to give a specific IP to a device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-13 16:30:58
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200729 Rel.73648

I need each port assign a specific port for each device I connect, is it something possible (for example 11.0.0.1, 11.0.0.2, 11,0,0,3)?

All the device will talk with a master computer that will need to communicate over IP.  The main server will communicate with all the device at the same time but the device dont need talk to each other.  Main server will have a static IP like 11.0.0.254

Options
5 Reply
Re:Need help to configure each port to give a specific IP to a device
2022-01-14 09:25:57

@Seb-Triotech 

As far as I know, there should be no easy way to achieve what you want lol.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-01-20 21:41:08

@Seb-Triotech 

See this thing from OSI.

Port L1

MAC L2

IP L3

Well, it is a progressive model. You cannot jump from L1 to L3. You bind L1 to L2, L2 to L3. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-01-20 21:47:33

@Tedd404 

Hi,

would you have a model you can recommend me that would make a better solution for what I need!

thank you

Options
2022-01-20 21:51:58 - last edited 2022-01-20 21:53:31

@Seb-Triotech 

e.g. do you have a static network? Like your switch port 1 is using a PC that will not be removed, MAC is forever. For long term use? 

Anyway, you gotta bind port to MAC, MAC bind to the IP. Like this. Cannot do a dynamic port 1 10.0.0.10 forever. Nah, this is not possible from what I learnt about OSI. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-01-20 23:17:11

@Tedd404 Ok!  My problem is as was looking for a simpler solution for our customers.  I have some raspberry pi we use as gun device and I would like to assign an Ip on each port so my customer don't need to reprogram each time the gun.  But if you tell me it's not possible I will try something else.  Thank you for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 443

Replies: 5