Guest WiFi authentication page doesn’t load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-16 04:34:37
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

This may be a question regarding my Er605 router. I have the following setup:

er605

4 LANs - 1 home, 1 business, 1 management, 1 guest. 

DHCP on all LANs except management. 

Authentication setup:

enabled=yes

Interface:guest

Idle timeout:30

portal authentication port:8080

Authentication page:custom

Authentication type:local

on the access point portal page I'm choosing not to participate in any authentication since the router will be handling it. 

the guest wireless network SSID is configured as a guest network and is using open security. 

The problem:

Initially when attempting to connect to the guest WiFi from a mobile device, it wouldn't redirect to a login prompt at all, and would simply indicate that there was no Internet connection. 

I tried changing the access points portal page to use the local built in portal. I was able to get a login redirect. However, the redirect page was blank. 

I am putting this together for a customer of mine. I set this up like this at my shop ahead of time and it worked just fine. Of course when I installed it and tried to show it to him it didn't work. 

Dan

Options
4 Reply
Re:Guest WiFi authentication page doesn’t load
2022-01-17 01:59:08

Update: 

I found that on iPhone, an option was selected to auto login and auto join to this network. When I disable these I get a redirect but a message that states "error opening page - hotspot login cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Options
2022-01-18 06:25:22

Dear @KNC

May I know your ER605 is used in standalone or controller mode?

If it is used in controller mode, please tell us the version of this controller.

Please also provide the screenshot of the configuration of the Portal and Landing Page, as this will help us to locate the issue.
And when the clients connecting to the SSID, does the client get an valid IP addresss?
If the SSID does not have Guest network enabled, please test if it can jump to that page properly.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-19 03:03:31

@Hank21 I have the er605 in standalone mode. 

Yes, clients are receiving a valid IP address within the appropriate range. 

I tried disabling the guest network option and it wasn't any different. 

As a side note, I tried mirroring the customer setup with my own network. I DO have a controller for my access points, but still have the er605 in standalone. I was able to replicate the same behavior even in my network WITH the controller. However, when I setup the portal authentication for the guest WiFi using the controller it gives me an option to permit authentication free clients to a specific IP. When I choose this option, clients are able to access the portal as I was hoping for. 

This is obviously not a feasible option for the guest network. I tried using the pre-authentication list, specifying both the guest WiFi subnet and the management subnet and that option doesn't work. 

It seems as if there's some sort of access restriction to the portal of the er605, but I can't figure out where. 

Here is the portal page of the access point. I have it redirected to the management IP of the er605. 

*note the IP address in the screenshot is actually 192.168.60.1, matching my guest subnet. 

Here is the er605 web authentication page. 

thanks for the help!

Options
2022-01-20 06:21:37

Dear @KNC ,

KNC wrote

@Hank21
This is obviously not a feasible option for the guest network. I tried using the pre-authentication list, specifying both the guest WiFi subnet and the management subnet and that option doesn't work.

It seems as if there's some sort of access restriction to the portal of the er605, but I can't figure out where.

Here is the portal page of the access point. I have it redirected to the management IP of the er605. 

*note the IP address in the screenshot is actually 192.168.60.1, matching my guest subnet.
Here is the er605 web authentication page.

I'm a bit confused as to what kind of authentication you want to implement, is it something like when the client connects to the guest WiFi, the portal pops up and then redirects to the page you want after entering the account?
If not, can you be more specific?

It looks like you have set up authentication on both the EAP and Router, it is generally recommended to set it up on only one device, you can try testing it without any settings on your router.
Could you please tell us about the specific application scenario of your portal?

What kind of portal configuration do you want? Does the current portal in standalone mode meet your needs or do you need to customise it?

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1024

Replies: 4