Troubleshooting Er7206 connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-21 13:11:29
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello everyone,

I have a client who has an OC300 Controller, a TL-Er7206 router, 5 TL-SG2428P switches and 6 EAP660HD Antenna's.
The client is having packet loss, websites that don't load and and VOIP calls that get dropped.

Currently the only logs we see is [Failed]Router failed to obtain the IP address for WAN because no response from the server.

The client has dual WAN so we disconnected the primary WAN and did several stress tests.
We get packet loss as soon as the system is under load.

My main question is if there is a way to do testing trough the omada cloud platform
- pingtests over specific Wan ports

- traceroute over specific Wan ports

- packet loss logs

Thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:Troubleshooting Er7206 connection
2022-01-24 14:33:59

@TuL Disconnected the primary ISP and its currently connected on the backup WAN.
The same issue still persists, packet loss when pinging, internet radio disconnecting voip calls being dropped.

any way to debug this on an omada cloud connected network?

the omada logs don't show anything of interest.

Options
2022-01-24 14:56:54

@TuL 

to troubleshoot try and disable all switch ACL roules.

if there is a small misconfiguration then a lot of strange things can happen to the network.

It's a terrible way to do ACL but so far the only one unfortunately.

tp-link says there is an ACL on the router in ver 5.2 of omada smiley

Options
2022-01-24 15:04:17

@shberge Thanks for your answer, i have only setup Switch ACL to restrict access to other vlan's

Rule1 Deny Source networkX - Destination all networks except NetworkX
Rule2 Deny Source all network except networkX - Destination Network X

To prevent cross vlan communication, am i missing something?

Binding type is Vlan

Options
2022-01-24 15:14:12

@TuL 

yes I understand but I would try to disable these as part of the troubleshooting, do you have IPsec site to site VPN or L2TP VPN, I have just had a case with tp-link about this. every time the tunnels disconnect or connect, the network drops for a while. lots of problem with Microsoft teeams and WiFi phone. and so on

Options
2022-01-24 15:18:52 - last edited 2022-01-24 15:20:04

@shberge was your issue resolved by disabling the ACL?
I'm a bit worried about exposing all networks to the Guest network since anyone can log in on that one.

In any case i'll disable the ACL for now just for troubleshooting but i guess i can't leave it like that for long.

Any other way i can do vlan isolation?

*edit, no, the client doesnt have VPN's running, luckily..
the problem you describe sounds exactly the same as we are having except its with voip phones

Options
2022-01-24 15:28:30

@TuL 

no but I have from time to time had problems with Switch ACL sometimes a restart of switch helps other times I have disabled ACL. it seems that the switches do not read the ACL from the controller correctly always.

when it comes to the guest network,

if you have not overridden this in the EAP ACL then the guest should not have access to private networks if you have enabled guest on SSID.

Options
2022-01-25 05:39:10 - last edited 2022-01-25 05:41:37

@TuL 

Do you test the wired connection? Even you've tested VOIP, any other wired devices can work correctly? Do they experience packet loss? 

For the wireless devices, testing when you're next to the AP, disabling advanced function, and checking the dBm? Even you have a good signal reception, do you still drop calls and have packet loss? 

Agree with the shberge, try a restart of the network. Update your devices to the latest if possible.  

What's the firmware version of your devices? Especially the OC300, Omada Controller version?

Do you ping the router IP in the LAN or do you ping a public IP? If you ping the local IPs, do you see packets drop? 

Options
2022-01-25 08:10:53
Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, every device is up to date. The IP phones are basically a client app on wired desktop computers. the other wired and wireless devices also experience packet loss, or at least the client tells me he gets "page cant be found" errors when surfing at the same time as the voip calls diconnect. The network was up for 96 days, i did a full reboot last night and disabled the ACL rules. fingers crossed. I ping to a remote IP of the same ISP. I will try pinging to the router next time.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1375

Replies: 8

Related Articles