Unable to access TL-SG3452P when connected via VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 19:27:39 - last edited 2022-01-25 01:38:26
Model: TL-SG3452P  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I actually have two issues.  I believe whatever is causing one is likely causing the other.

1.  When remotely connected to the network via a PPTP VPN, I can access all devices on the network except the two TP-Link switches.

2.  All network devices successfully update their system times via an NTP server except the same two switches with the VPN issue.

Notes:

-All devices on the network are connected to the internet and accessible by each other.

-All devices, including the switches in question, are accessible when directly connected to the network (not via VPN), but the NTP issue still exists.

-All devices on VLAN1 (untagged).

-All TP-Link equipment has static IPs without conflicts, same subnet mask (255.255.255.0), and default gateway (192.168.1.1).

-The Router and AP’s are controlled by the Hardware Controller but none of the switches are (including the switches that work as expected).

Hardware Layout:

TL-ER7206 Router (192.168.1.1)

|

TL-SG3452P switch (.1.2)                       

|                                    |                                     |

TL-SG3210XHP-M2 switch (.1.3)          OC200 hardware controller (.1.9)         three TL-SG2008 switches (.1.5-7)

|

three EAP660HD access points (.1.11-13)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to access TL-SG3452P when connected via VPN-Solution
2022-01-24 09:31:48 - last edited 2022-01-25 01:38:26

Dear @DannyZ,

DannyZ wrote

I actually have two issues.  I believe whatever is causing one is likely causing the other.

1.  When remotely connected to the network via a PPTP VPN, I can access all devices on the network except the two TP-Link switches.

2.  All network devices successfully update their system times via an NTP server except the same two switches with the VPN issue.

Please verify whether you have configured Default Gateway on your switches. On the Managed Switch, we cannot directly set the default gateway, but we can manually configure a default route for the switch, and the effects are the same.

Go to L3 FEATURES > Static Routing > IPv4 Static Routing and click  to load the following page. Enter 0.0.0.0 as the Destination and Subnet Mask, and enter the IP address of the Next Hop (Default Gateway). Then Click Create.

Note: After the configuration, you need to click  on the web interface or use the command “copy running-config startup-config” in the CLI to save the configuration, otherwise the switch will lose the configuration after it is powered off.

Read this guide for details.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to access TL-SG3452P when connected via VPN-Solution
2022-01-24 09:31:48 - last edited 2022-01-25 01:38:26

Dear @DannyZ,

DannyZ wrote

Please verify whether you have configured Default Gateway on your switches. On the Managed Switch, we cannot directly set the default gateway, but we can manually configure a default route for the switch, and the effects are the same.

Go to L3 FEATURES > Static Routing > IPv4 Static Routing and click  to load the following page. Enter 0.0.0.0 as the Destination and Subnet Mask, and enter the IP address of the Next Hop (Default Gateway). Then Click Create.

Note: After the configuration, you need to click  on the web interface or use the command “copy running-config startup-config” in the CLI to save the configuration, otherwise the switch will lose the configuration after it is powered off.

Read this guide for details.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to access TL-SG3452P when connected via VPN
2022-01-24 15:40:30

@Fae that solved both issues. Thank you!!!

does the same need to be done for each vlan on the network?

Options
Re:Unable to access TL-SG3452P when connected via VPN
2022-01-25 01:37:50

Dear @DannyZ,

DannyZ wrote

@Fae that solved both issues. Thank you!!!

does the same need to be done for each vlan on the network?

That's great. You are welcome.

No need, and I don't think the static route setting can be done per VLAN.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 3

Related Articles