VLAN losts internet connection aufter 5 to 6 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-26 08:52:46 - last edited 2022-01-26 09:14:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello,

I am using Omada SDN for about one and a half year for now.

I only managed 2 EAP 225 until last week.

I bought an ER 605 and integrated it into my LAN.

I have created different LANs including VLANS as mentioned in the user manual.

When I connect to the legal LAN, in my case 192.168.1.1 (VLAN 1), erverything works fine for the wired and the wireless clients.

When I connect an client to another LAN (wired or wireless), e.g. 192.168.20.1 (VLAN 20), the client gets an IP oder DHCP and everything seems to work fine. The client is able to acces the internet and can reach the tagged networks.

But after apporx. 5 to 6 minutes the clients get disconnected from the internet but they can be reached thru the internal ping. After an reconnect everything works fine again...for 5 to 6 minutes.

I tried different LANS with different VLANS...created new ones...created also new WLANs..but everytime the clients get disconnected after 5-6 minutes.

Maybe someone knows a workaround?

My setup is:

Omada Controller 4.4.6 on Windows

Gateway TL ER 605 (Model V1 - Version 1.1.1)
Wlan APs EAP 225 (Model V3 - Version 5.07)

Switch TL-SG1024

I also tried Omada 5.0.X but this software wasn't able to connect the EAPs....

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Ben

Options
10 Reply
Re:VLAN losts internet connection aufter 5 to 6 minutes
2022-01-27 05:23:57 - last edited 2022-01-27 05:26:53

@Ben81 

I see that this VLAN is dedicated to IoT stuff. What if you connect your cells and laptops to this wifi? Does it still take 5-6 minutes to get a connection? I tweaked my network yesterday and tested it with a new VLAN. I instantly got an IP and Internet connection(V5.0.30 and all on latest firmware). 

I don't recall I have such an issue on V4 or V5 Controller. The only difference between your VLAN interface and mine is the default gateway. I don't set a specific gateway and I leave that to auto. But, this should not affect anything at all. 

Do you have this issue when you first time create a new VLAN? Sounds like you will get a 5-6 minutes timeout and settings are applied during this time? Too slow to respond? 

Options
2022-01-27 05:44:24

@John1234 

Hey John,

I tried different clients like Workstations (per cable and wireless) Laptops (per cable and wireless) smartphones and tablets.

They always get disconnected after 5-6 minutes when they are not in the Admin-LAN (where the gateway belongs to). I tried all VLANS ...I also tried with auto Gateway...same issue.

I also created new LANs/VLANS und WLANS for testing with the new VLANS...always the same issue...they get an IP instantly and are able to connect to the internet for 5-6 minutes..after that they can't connect to the internet but within the local network they are reachable and can e.g. connect to my fileservers etc.... 

With Software 5.0.x I wasn't able to get the APs connected...for that reason I am using 4.4.6.

Greetings

Options
2022-01-27 08:13:31 - last edited 2022-01-27 08:41:37

@Ben81 

OK. Strange enough to me. Do you have any ACL or any other settings except the VLAN interface you've created? If you use VLAN, I think you have ACL to isolate the communication. Do you have any mis-config of that or you don't have ACL because you need to troubleshoot? 

Do you shut down the Controller? 

Also, you can share anything special on your network. 

For the V5 issue, V5 Controller has switched the port for discovery to 29814. Make sure it is open on your firewall rules. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3281/

Options
2022-01-27 08:46:35 - last edited 2022-01-27 09:23:54

@John1234 

Hey,

I have tried with and without ACLs. 

Always the same....after 5-6 minutes the clients lose the internet connection. But only on the LANs / VLANs except the Admin LAN...maybe a firewall or timeout problem with the gateway?

I also rebooted the Controller a few times...no changes...

But one of the EAPs is directly connected to the gateway and with clients on this EAP there arethe same issues.

Options
2022-01-27 09:02:41

@Ben81 

Try Native network > Admin LAN

Use WLAN as tagged 

Options
2022-01-27 09:06:02
Hey, they are all tagged...otherwise I would not be able to ping the devices in the different VLANS....that works...
Options
2022-01-27 09:16:21

@Ben81  

Do you resolve this issue now? Not certain about your answer. 

One sec. I tested on my network. I don't have any issues.

I create a LAN and let the system create a profile automatically. I don't modify anything else. Port config on the switch is All. I don't have issues with Internet. 

Options
2022-01-27 09:22:50
Maybe the switch can be the problem, because it is an unmanaged switch... But I think it doesn't matter...
Options
2022-01-27 09:52:36

@Ben81 

OK. Does not seem to be a port issue. So, if you configure it like this, don't do anything with the profile. Let the controller create profiles when you have a new LAN. Just use like that and give wireless network VLAN ID, do you still experience this? 

I personally went to my network and tested it out. 

I have the profile created auto, go to wireless, and give the right VLAN ID to the WiFi. WiFi works and gives the right IPs. 

Forget about the wired connection at this time. Let's try figuring out the Wireless first. If you have everything config right, should not experience such strange things. 

(If you are using the dummy switch, set the port that uses the connection for the switch as untagged. 

Options
2022-01-27 10:15:39

@John1234 

Hey,

I set up a new VLAN (100) and WLAN with the VLAN...

Same problems...

The Client gets an IP and is able to connect to internet for the 6 minutes...after that nothing works...internal ping isn't possible because the LANs are untagged by default...

When I disable VLAN at the WiFi connection, everything works fine for the client...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 582

Replies: 10