iCloud Private Relay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

iCloud Private Relay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
iCloud Private Relay
iCloud Private Relay
2022-01-28 05:14:21

Finally made it back to a jobsite where I helped put in 4 EAP, Managed Switch and Router a month ago. There are 4 EAPs, 4 wireless networks separated into 4 VLANs with ACL rules. When I got to the site and it connected to the wireless I got a Pop Up saying that iCloud Private Relay wireless won't work with the wireless. I turned off Private Relay and could connect. 

Is there anyway to let iCloud Private Relay work with the Omada setup how we have it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:iCloud Private Relay
2022-02-08 11:20:28

@WigTech 

If you can provide a screenshot to show your issue, it may be very helpful.

And actually if you google that error message"iCloud Private Relay wireless won't work with the wireless", there are some info may help you.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-02-13 04:37:44 - last edited 2022-02-13 04:38:18

@Virgo 

I believe it is a ACL rule or VLAN issue. I tried offsite with an EAP in standalone mode and had no problem.

At the Site we have 4 SSIDs with separate VLANS. Then using ACL rules to separate the traffic.

Options
2022-03-05 07:17:29

@WigTech 

Running a second set of Omada equipment at a different site for testing purposes. I am using settings same as the original site and not getting the icloud private relay error.

The only difference in the setups is I am using the ER7206 instead of the ER605. Could this be part of the issue, am I missing a setting or did iOS 15.3.1 fix this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 967

Replies: 3

Related Articles