Reboot schedule failure, reboot schedule doesn't exist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-31 01:05:39
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I have a ER605 (v1 Firmware 1.1.1), SG2008P (v1 Firmware 1.0.2), EAP225 (v3.0 5.0.5) and I'm running the Omada Controller in docker (v5.0.30).

Originally I was running the Omada controller with just the EAP225 as the only device with a weekly reboot schedule.  I've since added the ER605 and SG2008P to my network.  In the process of provisioning the new devices my EAP225 lost it's mind and I had to factory reset it and provision it again into the Omada controller.  Everything is up and running now but I'm getting the following error message.

[Failed]Reboot schedule AP Restart failed to execute on 1 EAPs and 0 switches and 0 gateways.

I checked 'Settings > Services > Reboot Schedule' and there are no entries in there.

I suspect the database or crontab or whatever keeps track of the Reboot schedule has the original stale entry but I'm not sure how/where to go to clear things up.

Any advise?

Thanks!

Options
9 Reply
Re:Reboot schedule failure, reboot schedule doesn't exist
2022-02-01 06:32:30

@Mr.Grumpy Hi

1. What version of the controller was it when you first set up the reboot schedule? And on which controller version did you delete the reboot schedule?

2. Do you now receive a reboot failure log every time you set the reboot time, or only receive it once?

3. The database is generally stored in the installation path of the controller, but we do not recommend that you change the database at will to avoid other problems.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-01 07:09:47
Thanks for the reply Hank21. This is still the same controller instance that had the scheduled rebooted. I never deleted the scheduled reboot. The AP had to be provisioned again and after that the reboot schedule was gone. I've received the reboot failure twice now. Jan 29, 2022 04:31:59 pm Jan 28, 2022 05:24:09 pm I believe that I had set the reboot schedule to Sunday mornings. Yes, I'd rather not "edit" the database manually for obvious reasons. I certainly don't want to make things worse! Thanks.
Options
2022-02-08 12:49:35

Dear @Mr.Grumpy ,

Mr.Grumpy wrote

Thanks for the reply Hank21. This is still the same controller instance that had the scheduled rebooted. I never deleted the scheduled reboot. The AP had to be provisioned again and after that the reboot schedule was gone. I've received the reboot failure twice now. Jan 29, 2022 04:31:59 pm Jan 28, 2022 05:24:09 pm I believe that I had set the reboot schedule to Sunday mornings. Yes, I'd rather not "edit" the database manually for obvious reasons. I certainly don't want to make things worse! Thanks.

Your issue is indeed a bit wired and to help you better, I need to confirm some more information with you.
1. Have there been any similar logs since the last error message you received?

2. if you add the reboot schedule entry again, does it work?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-10 08:26:40

Dear @Mr.Grumpy ,

Sorry for the late reply, we report your issue to support and team spent some time trying to reproduce your question.

So now the issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Options
2022-02-10 16:38:28

@Hank21 

Hi Hank21.  Sorry for the delay.

1. No, I haven't gotten the warning since the first two noted.  Maybe it just went away on it's own?

2. No, I haven't setup and new reboot schedule.  I can but figured I'd just wait things out and see if the error comes back.

Thank you for escalating this but it may have resolved itself on it's own.  Only time will tell.

If support reaches out I'll work with them and report back here.

Thank you.

Options
2022-02-20 16:59:57 - last edited 2022-02-20 17:01:52

@Mr.Grumpy I'm seeing the same thing. Old reboot schedules still seem to be trying to run even though I can't see the entry in 'Settings > Services > Reboot Schedule. 

[Failed]Reboot schedule Monday 3am failed to execute on 1 EAPs and 0 switches and 0 gateways.

Feb 14, 2022 09:49:52  pm

[Failed]Reboot schedule Weekly reboot failed to execute on 1 EAPs and 0 switches and 0 gateways.

[Failed]Reboot schedule Monday 4am reboot failed to execute on 1 EAPs and 0 switches and 0 gateways.

These are 3 different schedules I'd set up at some point, which don't appear in the Omada Controller UI. 

Running Omada Controller Version 5.0.30 and an EAP245 v3 on firmware version 5.0.4 Build 20211021 Rel. 57494. 

I get these errors once a week, but oddly enough not at the time I originally scheduled them. 

Options
2022-02-21 23:09:04
Yes, mine weren't at the original scheduled time as well. I no longer get the error unless I restart the Omada Controller (docker) then on startup or shortly after the error comes up. Support was able to produce the issue and passed it on to the engineers who haven't been able to reproduce the issue. I've just now forwarded my logs on to them as well. Perhaps they'll reach out to you for your logs.
Options
2022-02-23 03:45:15 - last edited 2022-02-23 03:45:36

@Mr.Grumpy I just noticed that the time of the failure messages correlates with the times I've restarted my Omada controller. Confirmed this just now by restarting it now.

Good to hear that support was able to reproduce it. Likely they have all they need now. Thanks for the update.

Options
2022-03-09 15:43:08

@DeliciousPacket Support got back to me.

"Thank you for the feedback. We have confirmed this bug. It will happen when Controller reboot, or a change of Controller's time. We will fix it in next release of Controller."

No ETA given on the next controller version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1643

Replies: 9

Related Articles