Omada - DNS settings (too many places to set DNS). Where to set for all?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 08:48:46
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm new to networking but I managed to setup up multi vlan/subnet network in my home with the router, 2xSwitches, access point, and Omada controller. (I completely didn't lock out myself from management vlan first time I created it ;) )

I have some questions.

I see that for each subnet I can set 2 DNS servers or choose "Auto". Auto sets up my gateway IP as the DNS for the clients that used DHCP.

Now:

1. In "Internet PPPoE" section I can set 2 DNS servers. What are those used for? Are they used in resolving addresses when Client uses gateway's IP as DNS server?
  2. If the above isn't true then is there an option to set DNS server for all networks at once or do I need to edit each one by one?
  3. Are there any more advanced DNS settings somewhere? I didn't find any more than those from points 1 and 2.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada - DNS settings (too many places to set DNS). Where to set for all?
2022-02-02 07:33:44

@Hooch 

I think your understanding is correct, when clients use the gateway's IP as DNS servers, they are used to resolve addresses. In fact, I have not set additional DNS server, I use the default DNS server, at most occasionally use google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2856

Replies: 1

Related Articles