Two routers, two WANs, two buildings - bridged?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 21:41:10

Hello!
I would like to connect two separate buildings with two WANs - to be able to see anything on both networks.

Currently, I have one network across two buildings. My setup looks like this:

I want to have another Internet WAN connection in building 2 also - (for reliability and more bandwidth, same ISP).

I would like to use my current fiber-optic cable between sites. It would be problematic to have another or different one between them.

Of course, I'll need another router, but I don't know how to configure the whole thing. Is it even possible?

I thought about:

- connecting two switches (same connection as now - fiber optic cable with SFP),

- setting two different networks (it could be even one network but I don't think it's possible),

- maybe connecting two routers instead of switches? (with two MC220L converters on each side).

I can't find any articles about this problem. I would appreciate any information.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two routers, two WANs, two buildings - bridged?
2022-02-02 08:20:25

@pilak Hi,

Suppose your building1 has no VLAN setting. And suppose your router's IP is 192.168.0.1. Then you can consider adding an ER605 in building2, then connect the TL-SG3428XMP to the first WAN port of the new ER605, and then connect the new ISP to the second WAN port, and at the same time modify the IP of the new ER605, don't use 192.168.0.1. Then set policy routing, set the destination IP to your building1‘s IP, this should meet your needs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 1

Related Articles