TP-Link ER605 and connected Archer C2(access point)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-03 08:43:12
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Model: ER605 (TL-R605)

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: v1.0 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Hi Guys!I have a TP-Link ER605 wired router plugged into a Dasan H665 device from ISP. DMZ is set on my ER605 router. Then TP-Link Archer C2 is connected to the router in Access Point mode (DHCP disable).

Dasan H665 -> TP-Link ER605 (router) -> TP-Link Archer C2 (access point)

On the ER605 router I added fixed IP reservation addresses for my devices (from a different range than the addresses assigned by DHCP, in the same subnet) + IP-MAC Binding. For about a week, everything worked without any problems, and for several days I have had a problem with the wireless network on the access point. Devices connected to the LAN connect without any problems, but there is a problem with connecting to the WiFi network with various devices. The network is visible, sometimes it is possible to connect for a few seconds and then disconnect. On one of the phones I noticed that the message "getting an IP address" was appearing for a long time. Once it was able to connect and it allocated an IP address on the phone that was reserved for another device, once it gave a strange IP: 169.254.151.19 - the internet did not work.

I tried restarting the routers, reconfiguring the access point, and increased the lease time to max - to no avail. Firmware is up to date. I also tried replacing the Archer C2 router with Archer C6 also in access point mode, and also with TP-Link Deco M4 and the problem is the same all the time, so I conclude that the problem lies with the main ER605 router. 

In Archer C2 I tried as described in TP-Link tutorial - Case 1: LAN-> LAN
In Archer C6 I tried as described in TP-Link tutorial - Case 2: WAN-> LAN.
DHCP disabled. Without result.

It seems to me that this is something with the ER605 settings, because in the Archer C2 and C6 devices connected via LAN work without any problems. The problem only occurs with connecting devices via WiFi.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Or maybe someone has encountered a similar problem?

ER605 firmware: v1.0 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Archer C2 firmware: v1 0.9.1 5.0 v0032.0 Build 170207 Rel.49213n

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link ER605 and connected Archer C2(access point)
2022-02-04 06:39:40

@Martineiro Hi, You can follow these steps to have a try.

1. reset your Archer C2, connect only your PC to the Archer C2, then log into the interface of the Archer C2.

2. go to Network -> LAN, change the LAN IP to 192.168.2.100. 

3. Reboot your router, then log into the interface again with the new IP( 2.100 ), Go to Wireless -> Wireless Settings interface, create an SSID and password. Then Go to DHCP -> DHCP Settings and select Disable the DHCP Server, then reboot your router again.

4. After that,  connect the LAN port of the ER605 to the LAN port of the Archer C2.

5. Test your internet again.

Options
2022-02-05 23:52:42 - last edited 2022-02-05 23:53:09

@Yannie 

Thank you for your message. I followed the instructions, but the problem persists. I also tried to connect Deco M4 (and set up as access point) instead of Router C2 and also a similar problem. Via LAN is ok, problem is with WiFi.

I'm not the only one with such a problem, found a similar thread unfortunately no solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/TPLink_Omada/comments/nra4k1/tlr605_no_longer_assigning_ip_addresses_to/

Hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

Options
2022-02-15 07:15:54

Dear @Martineiro ,

Martineiro wrote

I followed the instructions, but the problem persists. I also tried to connect Deco M4 (and set up as access point) instead of Router C2 and also a similar problem. Via LAN is ok, problem is with WiFi.

I'm not the only one with such a problem, found a similar thread unfortunately no solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/TPLink_Omada/comments/nra4k1/tlr605_no_longer_assigning_ip_addresses_to/

The router ER605 release the new firmware version V1 1.2.0, you may try to uograde its firmware to the latest one to test.

Please refer to this link.

Best Regards!

Options
2022-04-06 20:52:56

@Martineiro - This is interesting.  I've been seeing this issue since the beginning of the year and still cannot figure out what is going on.  My configuration is modem, to the ER605, to a switch and to Deco m5.  The weird thing is the devices on the switch all work fine, but the Deco m5 randomly looses internet.  I am able to log into the wifi router and reboot it, but it does not have internet access.  If I reboot the router it's almost like the session with the ER605 is re-established and will work fine for a random period of time then loose internet again.  

At first I thought it was a wifi thing, and reset the Deco m5, that did not work.  I promoted one of the Deco pucks to the being the new main and that did not work. I thought it was and issue with DNS, then DHCP, then with IPv6 being turned on.  But changing those setting did not work.  So now I am down to the ER605 router.  I feel that once the lease if up on the IP address, it does not renew it and thus looses connection.  

Let me know if you've found anything else out. 

Tom

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1466

Replies: 4