TL-R605 / Omada blocks synology.me traffic?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-03 18:26:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Is there a workaround for port forwarding DDNS traffic from synology.me? 

I don't quite understand why a DDNS would need to "be compatible" if the TP-link device isn't running the DDNS host or client. Why wouldn't it simply be trafic coming in to the router to follow the port forwarding rules? 

I don't have any DDNS set up on the router or in the controller. 

My No-IP DDNS address xxxxxx.servebeer.com works fine. 

My Synology DDNS address -- and i'm trying to reach my Synology NAS -- is xxxxx.synology.me, and it takes me to my TP-Link gateway login page and says "Note: This Gateway is being managed by Omada Controller 192.168.0.3"

I don't get it. What gives? 

OC200, 2x SG-TL3428, T1500G-10MPS, 3x EAP225, Firewalla Gold (replaced ER-605)
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R605 / Omada blocks synology.me traffic?
2022-02-04 08:51:19

@CoKro Did you open ports on your router for your NAS device? According to my understanding, DDNS is used to achieve dynamic IP and domain name binding, your NAS can use a static IP in the LAN, so I am not very clear what you mean.

Options
Re:TL-R605 / Omada blocks synology.me traffic?
2022-02-04 13:51:53

Yannie wrote

@CoKro Did you open ports on your router for your NAS device? According to my understanding, DDNS is used to achieve dynamic IP and domain name binding, your NAS can use a static IP in the LAN, so I am not very clear what you mean.

@Yannie 

Yes, I opened the ports.

TP-Link support told me that they "Do not support synology DDNS," which doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm not a technical expert. I don't see why TP-Link would not allow traffic that I want to allow.  The port forwarding works fine with my no-ip provided DDNS (xxxxx.servebeer.com), but not the Synology provided DDNS (xxxx.synology.me) which are both pointing to the same IP address and ports. 

Yes, the NAS uses a static IP within the LAN, but that doesn't help in reaching in from the WAN. 

When I use the xxxx.synology.me address, I get this page instead of my NAS login page. 

When I use the NO-IP DDNS, I get this, which is what I'd expect and want. The browser shows my EXTERNAL IP address and proper port. 

OC200, 2x SG-TL3428, T1500G-10MPS, 3x EAP225, Firewalla Gold (replaced ER-605)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1276

Replies: 2