Omada Settings for DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Settings for DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada Settings for DHCP
Omada Settings for DHCP
2022-02-04 18:01:03
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

There are 2 DHCP settibngs options on Wired Networks --> LAN --> Networks tab (setting up VLANs)

One is called DHCP server and is as you would expect...  DHCP range, DNS, Default gatewatr, Domain, 

- I have this set up and it works just fine.

The other is called "legal DHCP servers".   My assumption is that this sets up a DHCP helper on each switch to your (for example) windows DHCP server can serve the subnets.

- I reied this and had sptty results.

Where can I get more detail on the "legal DHCP servers" setting?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada Settings for DHCP
2022-02-05 01:00:51

@jwaltrip if you hover your mouse over the "i" for the legal DHCP servers, it pretty much explains its purpose.  On some routers or switches, its called "trusted dhcp".  This to make sure that no other dhcp server that someone may illegally put onto the network can provide addresses to try and steer users to another network.  

Options
2022-02-05 17:14:00 - last edited 2022-02-05 20:15:44

@Fleegle61 This does not completely answer the question.  I know what the I with the circle is

What I want to kniw is this the same as a Cisco IP helper?  

If I have 4 VLANS, and I set up a DHCP server on one of the VLANs, will this allow servers on other VLANS to get IPs from my DHCP server?

Also,, you can check both that and DHCP server at the same time...  Is this a flaw?

Edit:

I removed DHCP settings from the VLAN config, then check the d Legal DHCP servers, and pointed the IPs to my DHCP servers.

Media VLAN is on VLAN 20

DHCP servers are on VLAN 100.

DHCP not working.

Is there a way touse your own DHCP servers with Omada?

Options
2022-02-08 09:52:54

@jwaltrip 

This function is to prevent illegal DHCP Server, the Cisco IP helper you mentioned I guess should be the DHCP relay function.
You can disable the DHCP server on the Omada and use your own DHCP to distribute IPs to the backend devices.
If it doesn't work then I suggest you check your DHCP settings.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-02-08 20:23:25

I opened a ticket with TP-Link.

there is currently no way, in a non-stand alone environment, to set up a DHCP IP helper using the GUI

They think it might be possible, but are investigatging.

To review what I want to do:  have DHCP server on VLAN 100, and have it provide IPs for VLANs 100,1,10,20,50

This is not directly supported by Omada, but aparently is supported if using the hardware in stand alone mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1359

Replies: 4

Related Articles