What do I need to control and manage IPs / access rules on an Access Point network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What do I need to control and manage IPs / access rules on an Access Point network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 20:34:56 - last edited 2022-02-08 00:58:44
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need to improve the signal coverage in my house, so I intend to install the Access Point of the EAP225-Wall model in several places in it. 

Creating a roaming network, as these APs will be powered directly by wire from a controller close to the ISP's modem.

What kind of hardware (switch or router) do I need to use to control/manage all these APs and IPs from the devices connected to them? I already have a TP-Link Archer C1200 that I could use as a router to define access rules, ips by device, etc, but as it is a small environment that it will be, I need it to be something without antennas, because now the WiFi antennas will be provided by the EAP225.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What do I need to control and manage IPs / access rules on an Access Point network?-Solution
2022-02-05 17:23:25 - last edited 2022-02-08 00:58:44

@ElTom 

You'll need to build a mesh network via Omada EAP - see details here.

Here's the community for discussing these solutions.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:What do I need to control and manage IPs / access rules on an Access Point network?-Solution
2022-02-05 17:23:25 - last edited 2022-02-08 00:58:44

@ElTom 

You'll need to build a mesh network via Omada EAP - see details here.

Here's the community for discussing these solutions.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:What do I need to control and manage IPs / access rules on an Access Point network?
2022-02-06 02:25:16 - last edited 2022-02-08 00:58:44

@terziyski I don't want to create a Mesh network, as all APs can be powered via RJ45.

But in short, I would need the following hardware below, correct? 

• Omada Router - ER605 (TL-R605)
  • OC200 (is this really necessary?)
  • Switch (I already have a TL-SG1008P)
  • EAPs
Options
Re:What do I need to control and manage IPs / access rules on an Access Point network?
2022-02-06 15:25:30 - last edited 2022-02-08 00:58:44

@ElTom 

If you you're not going to build a mesh network and planning to use these APs in a standalone mode then you don't need the OC200 controller and the HW in question will suffice.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 3